ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno Wins Reinstated

Pretending that the games didn't happen was stupid. If we didn't try to punish Ped State in a stupid way then we wouldn't have had to capitulate.

They ought to bring back the statue.

The NCAA is so full of crap. And Ped State football should have been shut down for at least a year.

They should never have been taken away. It was a nonsensical penalty to a very serious problem. But none of the players who earned the wins were illegal.

Other sanctions made sense. This did not.

The NCAA is also so embarrassingly inept. That is something we all agree upon.

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the issue of punishing JoePa and Penn State for the Sandusky situation, I have to give due credit to the NCAA for making a messy situation exponentially messier.

Sanction them...don't sanction them, but for god's sake, don't sanction them and then rescind the sanctions.

Originally posted by Sheffielder:
Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the issue of punishing JoePa and Penn State for the Sandusky situation, I have to give due credit to the NCAA for making a messy situation exponentially messier.

Sanction them...don't sanction them, but for god's sake, don't sanction them and then rescind the sanctions.
I guess they could always rescind the rescinded sanctions.
question.r191677.gif

yet, dOSU's wins from 2011 remain vacated, for the high crime of selling trinkets. Not that Tressel wasn't oily, but that particular charge was like getting Capone on tax evasion. And it eliminates a B1G bowl victory against the eSECpn

"It's a great day for the whole Paterno era and everybody who bleeds blue and white." - former Penn State A.Q. Shipley

Ssssure it is........

As I said before, he won those games, fair and square.

Let's just not forget that he also helped enable the rape of young boys by a serial pedophile.

Some of you people on here are a bunch of saddists! At least a couple have some common sense. Sandusky didn't coach after 1998. He left to run his Second Mile program where most of the victims came from. Joe had a football team to coach and never socialized with him. Yet you throw him under the bus because of speculation. Joe wasn't charged with any crime and didn't witness him in the shower with anyone. But it makes for great print and sadly the human race loves sensationalism. That's why everything was directed to the football program (goldmine $$$) where innocent student athletes were punished and not the Second Mile where a lot of these victims were groomed. It was a criminal matter and not a NCAA violation. Emmert was out for PSU and that is a story for another day.

This post was edited on 1/17 6:58 AM by MD.NIT23

nit23, maybe good old Joe knew that it wasn't safe in the showers when Sandusky was lurking. Sandusky and "mile high" had an open door to the PED ST. football facilities, traveled with the team to away games and stayed in the team hotels long after 1998. If Emmert really had it in for psu he would had given them the 'Death Penalty" that they deserved

Originally posted by JournCat:
They ought to bring back the statue.

The NCAA is so full of crap. And Ped State football should have been shut down for at least a year.
No, Emmert (who is showing to be more and more of a joke) and the NCAA were so full of crap in getting into what was a criminal matter for someone who was no longer with the program.

Yes, Paterno should have done more when he realized that nothing came out of his reporting of what McQueary told him (which is something too many PSU fans are in denial about), but what McQueary didn't do was far worse (and he had the gall to label himself as a victim/whistleblower).
This post was edited on 1/17 9:23 PM by Katatonic

You are forgetting an email from Curley shows that after Paterno reported to him what McQueary had seen, Paterno argued against turning Sandusky into the authorities. All the Joebots claiming that there is no evidence against Paterno either ignore the existence of the email or claim that the email doesn't say what it clearly says. It's amazing to me that by saying over and over again that Paterno turned Sandusky into his "boss", but wished he had done more, his supporters have led so many to believe that he had no active involvement in the cover up. The cover up may have had nothing to do with football and maybe the NCAA had no jurisdiction, but I will always have a problem with the delusional Penn State fans who refuse to own up to the fact that there were wrongdoers inside and outside of the football program in addition to Sandusky.

ADVERTISEMENT