ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic: some Kentucky fans threatening ref

In order of suckitude:
1. Kentucky
2. Kentucky Fans
3. Refs

Thanks you for your continued explorations in to the the complex issue of Kentucky sucking. Question regarding the scale of suckage. Are 1, 2 and 3 equidistant, or is it more like Kentucky>>>Kentucky Fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Refs.

Thanks you for your continued explorations in to the the complex issue of Kentucky sucking. Question regarding the scale of suckage. Are 1, 2 and 3 equidistant, or is it more like Kentucky>>>Kentucky Fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Refs.
Tbf refs were pretty bad, so it's a more equidistant distribution than that, unfortunately.

I was almost over my Kentucky sucknation crusade, but then I read this article and some grade-A whining from their QB about the "late hit" that wasn't called and I decided we needed some more rumination on just how deep the sucking goes.

Tbf refs were pretty bad, so it's a more equidistant distribution than that, unfortunately.

I was almost over my Kentucky sucknation crusade, but then I read this article and some grade-A whining from their QB about the "late hit" that wasn't called and I decided we needed some more rumination on just how deep the sucking goes.

Thank you for the clarification, Personally I am more of an "Illinois sucks" kinda guy, but informative posts such as this help me to acquire a deeper knowledge of what it means to truly suck so that I can embrace the suck of other universities such as Kentucky as well. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Alan Smithee
The SEC is a generally a den of cheating and other forms of poor sportsmanship. There are of course exceptions, but they are exceptions.

But I don't get the fury over Benny Snell's ejection. Their own coach said he expected NU to shut Snell down, and that UK would have to win through the air, which they almost did.
If you say Northwestern in front of a Vandy fan, they still mention the targeting call at the end that game over a decade ago. It’s an SEC thing. There are some teams that I think would rather lose with something to complain about than win.

If you say Northwestern in front of a Vandy fan, they still mention the targeting call at the end that game over a decade ago. It’s an SEC thing. There are some teams that I think would rather lose with something to complain about than win.

It's not only an SEC thing. When Penn State beat Nebraska during its 1982 championship season there was a bad call that went Penn State's way late in the game when the PSU tight end caught a pass that was ruled in-bounds when it looked as if it was out. Replay nowadays might have changed the call. Nebraska fans talked about that for years afterward and even had T-shirts made about the call. They always neglect to talk about the 500-some yards Penn State gained on them the rest of the game that might have had something to do with the loss. I constantly see Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State fans whining about calls, which I think is always amusing to fans of other B1G teams who've seen the conference big boys get the benefit of the doubt year after year after year.

Reactions: 4IUSox2

They really really suck.

Not them canceling the series by mail?

Does it matter? It is all sort a blur

Not them canceling the series by mail?
They either are oblivious, have no knowledge, or are pleased about the cancellation. Remember, they have pitched an “ofer” against us. They are probably happy to have one less loss per season.;)

It's not only an SEC thing. When Penn State beat Nebraska during its 1982 championship season there was a bad call that went Penn State's way late in the game when the PSU tight end caught a pass that was ruled in-bounds when it looked as if it was out. Replay nowadays might have changed the call. Nebraska fans talked about that for years afterward and even had T-shirts made about the call. They always neglect to talk about the 500-some yards Penn State gained on them the rest of the game that might have had something to do with the loss. I constantly see Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State fans whining about calls, which I think is always amusing to fans of other B1G teams who've seen the conference big boys get the benefit of the doubt year after year after year.
The whining isn’t - but I don’t think the Nebraska fans prefer a loss with something to whine about over a win. I honestly believe the lower tier SEC fans do.

Some people really need their head checked. Yes, the refs were bad in that game. Real bad. But it's a game. These are human beings. Threatening someone's life because of the way they refereed a sporting event for a team you root for? Seriously? What the hell is wrong with some people? Get some damn perspective.

- I was there.
- refs were not good in the first half and impeded the flow of the game.
- however it did seem like they were trying to control the attitude of a few UK players (on TV rewatch, most seemed to be OK) and that’s why those calls occurred. It left no wiggle room for the Snell call.
- UK fans I came across were nice for the most part, but as a group their booing was much louder and longer than their cheering and I was not impressed by that.
- their best O player was ejected, but our best D player was questionably ejected AND they knocked out our best WR on an unnecessary roughness penalty. Don’t see how that favors us.
- the INSTITUTIONAL complaining from the AD many days after the fact is just another sign that they have some sort of SEC complex.

- I was there.
- refs were not good in the first half and impeded the flow of the game.
- however it did seem like they were trying to control the attitude of a few UK players (on TV rewatch, most seemed to be OK) and that’s why those calls occurred. It left no wiggle room for the Snell call.
- UK fans I came across were nice for the most part, but as a group their booing was much louder and longer than their cheering and I was not impressed by that.
- their best O player was ejected, but our best D player was questionably ejected AND they knocked out our best WR on an unnecessary roughness penalty. Don’t see how that favors us.
- the INSTITUTIONAL complaining from the AD many days after the fact is just another sign that they have some sort of SEC complex.
Kentucky to football is what Indiana is to.

Um

Football

The whining isn’t - but I don’t think the Nebraska fans prefer a loss with something to whine about over a win. I honestly believe the lower tier SEC fans do.

Some of the longest threads on the Vandy boards are the recollections of all the games in which Vanderbilt has been horribly screwed out of wins by the refs.

Reactions: GlideCat

Maybe so, and I do think the Nebraska fan base is one of the best, but they did get weird about that loss. Actually, one of my favorite Nebraska moments was after they had beaten Penn State in an earlier game. Some of their followers used the occasion to remark that this was proof that Eastern football sucked. Nebraska's top players at the time were Irving Fryar and Mike Rozier, both from New Jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT