ADVERTISEMENT

Ped State at it again: former player sues school for sexually-charged hazing

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
And the penalty meted out by the NCAA will be the same as last time—totally inadequate....

I loathe Ped State so much. The poor kid’s father was a drafted alum of their program, and the coaches still ignored the situation when he notified them of these awful actions.

What would it take to get these clowns kicked out of the B1G once and for all? Could we trade them to the ACC for Pitt?

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...eral-lawsuit-james-franklin-penn-state-hazing
This isn't hazing. It's sexual assault, if not rape. Ped State is disgusting.

"The actions included wrestling underclassmen to the ground while maintaining restraint, simulating a "humping" action; wrestling underclassmen to the ground while another participant placed his genitals on the face of underclassmen; and instances of the participants placing their genitals on the buttocks of the alleged victims and stroking their genitalia."

Now, now, I think we should all wait for more of the facts to come out.
This is hard to believe. Waiting to all the investigations are completed is warranted. The climate surrounding thesew type of issues move past truth. Think Duke lacrosse

This is hard to believe. Waiting to all the investigations are completed is warranted. The climate surrounding thesew type of issues move past truth. Think Duke lacrosse
I’m going to guess based off this being your first post after 18 years - and your spelling - that you’re a Ped State fan. If you are, then you should go back to where you came from.

And by that I mean to independent status as a school. I’d rather have Pitt or Temple in the B1G then keep dealing with your sex-scandal entrenched university.

I’m fairly certain / hopeful that thewildcat was being sarcastic.

Reactions: thewildcat2011
You would not like Pitt or Temple much better, except that NU would beat them both on a regular basis.
Do they have regular sex scandals? Not just in football, but also their disgusting wrestlers-turned-Denzel wannabes?

If not, I’d rather have them than Ped State.

To be clear, I’m being facetious. I found it comical that within 5 posts on this thread someone had used the word rape regarding dudes thrusting their junk in the face of another dude as reported by a news outlet, while when we had a former commit accused of penetrating various girls against their will, as reported by a news outlet, people wanted to wait and see what “actually” happened and what the “real” facts were.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
To be clear, I’m being facetious. I found it comical that within 5 posts on this thread someone had used the word rape regarding dudes thrusting their junk in the face of another dude as reported by a news outlet, while when we had a former commit accused of penetrating various girls against their will, as reported by a news outlet, people wanted to wait and see what “actually” happened and what the “real” facts were.
Well I certainly was not one of those people. What Atkinson did is sexual assault and so is this.

Yes, the caveat is if it is proven to be true.

Do they have regular sex scandals? Not just in football, but also their disgusting wrestlers-turned-Denzel wannabes?

If not, I’d rather have them than Ped State.
Wut? The short version is, Pitt is the dirtiest team in the ACC, with the blessings of their HC. Temple hires quality coaches but can’t keep them because of an uninterested student body, smallish fan base & an NFL focus in Philly. Neither has a stadium. Both Pitt and Temple have had ‘scandals’ to a lesser degree (who hasn’t) ?and are so-so academically.
Look, if you want a tomato-can crossover opponent instead of Penn State, kick ‘em out, by all means. The Wildcats will love playing before 7500 people in Pittsburgh and Philly.
But enough with the virtue-signalling about all this until there is, ya know, some evidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Wut? The short version is, Pitt is the dirtiest team in the ACC, with the blessings of their HC. Temple hires quality coaches but can’t keep them because of an uninterested student body, smallish fan base & an NFL focus in Philly. Neither has a stadium. Both Pitt and Temple have had ‘scandals’ to a lesser degree (who hasn’t) ?and are so-so academically.
Look, if you want a tomato-can crossover opponent instead of Penn State, kick ‘em out, by all means. The Wildcats will love playing before 7500 people in Pittsburgh and Philly.
But enough with the virtue-signaling about all this until there is, ya know, some evidence.
Evidence like a graduate assistant coach seeing the child rape happening, talking to his superiors about it and having the news buried? That kind of evidence?

Ped State is a disgrace. Which is too bad, because its a good school. But they let their worship of football overcome their better judgement. However, they never paid a price for those atrocities. Not shocking that a blind eye is turned once again to poor behavior at Ped State.

What will be interesting in this case is, assuming the accusations concerning the hazing/sexual assault prove true, whether the coaches knew about it and whether they responded appropriately. I cannot imagine a Penn State coach after all the history not immediately handing that hot coal off to the appropriate responsible entity. Impossible, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Don't recall folks wanting for a wait and see thing, at least not on this board. You must have been reading the Pen St, board.

I think the thread in question was deleted.

I don't see what's so bad about withholding judgment, in both cases, until we know more of the facts.
There's nothing wrong with it, but the disparate response was striking to me.

When I was at Pitt, the football program academically was abysmal - 27% graduation and single-digit grad rates for AAs. The handful of serious student-athletes hated the program. I used to hear stories of coaches harassing players if they showed any interest in coursework. Things improved with coaching changes and Wannsted actually did a decent job there, but there were still weird scandals, like a player falling to his death crawling up in some church ceiling rafters.

http://old.post-gazette.com/sports/pitt/20030620pittfallspitt1.asp

Welp, the Plaintiff in this latest Penn State fiasco transferred to Cal in ‘18 and is on the football team. What we need is for the fair and level-headed Droski to sort it all out for us....

But enough with the virtue-signalling about all this until there is, ya know, some evidence.
Not very accurate with respect to Pitt. Academically, Pitt is tied with Penn State in the U.S. News rankings. It shares it's stadium, Heinz Field, with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and it is a very nice venue. The Panthers draw far more than 7500 people at home games. How you reach the conclusion that Pitt is the dirtiest team in the ACC I don't know. Note, also, that Pitt and Temple played in bowl games this year, and a few years ago when we beat Pitt at Yankee stadium, they had already beaten the Big Ten Champion (PSU) and the National Champion (Clemson).

Not very accurate with respect to Pitt. Academically, Pitt is tied with Penn State in the U.S. News rankings. It shares it's stadium, Heinz Field, with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and it is a very nice venue. The Panthers draw far more than 7500 people at home games. How you reach the conclusion that Pitt is the dirtiest team in the ACC I don't know. Note, also, that Pitt and Temple played in bowl games this year, and a few years ago when we beat Pitt at Yankee stadium, they had already beaten the Big Ten Champion (PSU) and the National Champion (Clemson).
Don’t necessarily disagree with any of this. I’ve met first-rate people from Pitt and Penn State and mediocrities from Penn and Princeton but, on the whole, neither Pitt nor Penn State is anywhere near Northwestern, academically.
Pitt draws well when the opponent is ND or PSU or Clemson. For all other games you could hold javelin practice in the stands.
Dirty play? The DBs are cheap shot artists & Narduzzi is thrilled with it.
Pitt was 1-3 in the now-concluded series with Penn State.

Last edited:
Franklin is done. SI article will end him. Franks knew what he was doing when he switched his commitment. Perhaps he got a glimpse of the culture when on his visit?
why are you so upset with Franklin? I mean, you have been hating on him for a long time. C'mon man, no sense in stooping down into the gutter blasting Franklin, Harbaugh, or Fleck. I mean, I do it as a laugh but I think you and gocatsgo take pleasure when those coaches are implicated in bad things. NU isn't an angel.

What's dismaying about all this is not that these things (likely) occurred at Penn State. It's just that the institution and the NCAA won't do anything about it.
Agreed. What happened to those children and the cover-up was atrocious. Kids idolize athletes and that trust should never be violated like it was at Ped State. That current players invoke Sandusky with these awful actions is unforgivable.

Our new B1G commissioner should show backbone where Delaney didn’t and send a message. If not, we’re the worst conference morally bar none.

Reactions: drewjin
Agreed. What happened to those children and the cover-up was atrocious. Kids idolize athletes and that trust should never be violated like it was at Ped State. That current players invoke Sandusky with these awful actions is unforgivable.

Our new B1G commissioner should show backbone where Delaney didn’t and send a message. If not, we’re the worst conference morally bar none.
Agree and he could start by suspending the offenders and baring Pen St. from post season play.

ADVERTISEMENT