ADVERTISEMENT

Ped State at it again: former player sues school for sexually-charged hazing

why are you so upset with Franklin? I mean, you have been hating on him for a long time. C'mon man, no sense in stooping down into the gutter blasting Franklin, Harbaugh, or Fleck. I mean, I do it as a laugh but I think you and gocatsgo take pleasure when those coaches are implicated in bad things. NU isn't an angel.
I’m calling bullshit on this WickerTurk.

No college football program is made of angels, but NU & Fitz would never cover up for people who would sexually violate our most vulnerable fans - or people in general.

Cite your evidence or find another board to troll. If I personally ever suspected Fitz or anyone at NU of this kind of cover-up, I would find a new team to root for - and I bleed purple. And that’s a 5-star CatManTruth that you can take to the bank.

I’m calling bullshit on this WickerTurk.

No college football program is made of angels, but NU & Fitz would never cover up for people who would sexually violate our most vulnerable fans - or people in general.

Cite your evidence or find another board to troll. If I personally ever suspected Fitz or anyone at NU of this kind of cover-up, I would find a new team to root for - and I bleed purple. And that’s a 5-star CatManTruth that you can take to the bank.
I agree with you that Fitz would never do that, and neither would Harbaugh or Fleck, and maybe not Franklin. It certainly sounds disgusting and I bet you, Fleck, Harbaugh, and Franklin think so as well as most or all of the players.
But my point was that this board has a sorta complex that always seems to reduce to the gutter on the more successful coaches or programs. Our program had its own bouts of national attention for all of the wrong reasons, included settled lawsuits. Are we better than Franklin? I don't think we can cast stones.

What I do want, and this probably isn't right, is for PSU to dismiss Franklin. But I want that simply because he is a good coach and has had our number lately.

Reactions: techtim72
Don’t necessarily disagree with any of this. I’ve met first-rate people from Pitt and Penn State and mediocrities from Penn and Princeton but, on the whole, neither Pitt nor Penn State is anywhere near Northwestern, academically.
Pitt draws well when the opponent is ND or PSU or Clemson. For all other games you could hold javelin practice in the stands.
Dirty play? The DBs are cheap shot artists & Narduzzi is thrilled with it.
Pitt was 1-3 in the now-concluded series with Penn State.
Once again you've missed the mark. Your initial contention was that Pitt had so-so academics. That is simply untrue. Pitt, according to U.S. News, is tied with PSU and Purdue and ahead of Rutgers. Of course NU is ranked well ahead of them, and everybody else in the BIG. Pitt's average home attendance for a long time since they moved to Heinz Field has been around 45,000. It's not good for just a couple of games as you have posited, and your suggestion that Pitt averages about 7500 is laughably ridiculous. Obviously, you have some ax to grind about Pitt, but your nonsensical opinion that they are the dirtiest team in the ACC is laughable. I'd much rather have Pitt in the BIG than PSU.

I agree with you that Fitz would never do that, and neither would Harbaugh or Fleck, and maybe not Franklin. It certainly sounds disgusting and I bet you, Fleck, Harbaugh, and Franklin think so as well as most or all of the players.
But my point was that this board has a sorta complex that always seems to reduce to the gutter on the more successful coaches or programs. Our program had its own bouts of national attention for all of the wrong reasons, included settled lawsuits. Are we better than Franklin? I don't think we can cast stones.

What I do want, and this probably isn't right, is for PSU to dismiss Franklin. But I want that simply because he is a good coach and has had our number lately.
Wicker, you contradicted the main points of evidence in your first two sentences.

Our main issue that you alluded to occurred nearly 20 years ago and was a tragedy. However neither children nor players were sexually victimized by coaches / other teammates. As has repeated occurred at Ped State.

I know logic’s never been your long suit, but if you seriously compare NU to Ped State on this you should probably go spam TSIC with your various handles.

Turk, dont waste your time. The NU pollyannas cant even understand why top recruits dont want to come here. I predict that they will start saying all the psu recruits are stupid for going to psu.
Turk, you are right.

Once again you've missed the mark. Your initial contention was that Pitt had so-so academics. That is simply untrue. Pitt, according to U.S. News, is tied with PSU and Purdue and ahead of Rutgers. Of course NU is ranked well ahead of them, and everybody else in the BIG. Pitt's average home attendance for a long time since they moved to Heinz Field has been around 45,000. It's not good for just a couple of games as you have posited, and your suggestion that Pitt averages about 7500 is laughably ridiculous. Obviously, you have some ax to grind about Pitt, but your nonsensical opinion that they are the dirtiest team in the ACC is laughable. I'd much rather have Pitt in the BIG than PSU.
That all said, I'd rather have Pittsburgh Community College in the BIG over Ped State!

Turk, dont waste your time. The NU pollyannas cant even understand why top recruits dont want to come here. I predict that they will start saying all the psu recruits are stupid for going to psu.
Turk, you are right.
I've almost reached the point where this whole performance art piece of Turk and Wicker doesn't even upset me anymore. I just take it for the entertainment that it is.

Reactions: drewjin
I've almost reached the point where this whole performance art piece of Turk and Wicker doesn't even upset me anymore. I just take it for the entertainment that it is.

OIP.urlDNhvLQNHQJYi2XQ1lwAHaEK

Agreed. What happened to those children and the cover-up was atrocious. Kids idolize athletes and that trust should never be violated like it was at Ped State. That current players invoke Sandusky with these awful actions is unforgivable.

Our new B1G commissioner should show backbone where Delaney didn’t and send a message. If not, we’re the worst conference morally bar none.
With Sandusky, Nassar and Strauss the evidence overwhelmingly says the Big Ten already is the worst.

While nothing will expunge their evil it is imperative the next commissioner is willing to put ethics over dollars and by that I mean remove institutions when necessary.

Wicker, you contradicted the main points of evidence in your first two sentences.

Our main issue that you alluded to occurred nearly 20 years ago and was a tragedy. However neither children nor players were sexually victimized by coaches / other teammates. As has repeated occurred at Ped State.

I know logic’s never been your long suit, but if you seriously compare NU to Ped State on this you should probably go spam TSIC with your various handles.

Penn State's football program should have been shut down. There had never been and hopefully will never be a better argument for the NCAA death penalty. But NU is part of the hypocrisy too. We pay coaches huge salaries and build sparkling facilities with the television money brought in mostly by programs we then criticize as immoral and unethical. It reminds me a little of Col. Jessup from A Few Good Men: "I have neither the time or the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Penn State's football program should have been shut down. There had never been and hopefully will never be a better argument for the NCAA death penalty. But NU is part of the hypocrisy too. We pay coaches huge salaries and build sparkling facilities with the television money brought in mostly by programs we then criticize as immoral and unethical. It reminds me a little of Col. Jessup from A Few Good Men: "I have neither the time or the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."
I’ve always been a proponent of kicking Ped State out of the B1G since the Sandusky scandal emerged.

If we lose money due to their departure, then so be it. I’ve always been disappointed in our leadership for not being more vocal about it. Phillips and Shapiro have a podium to call for their ouster and have done nothing.

What the F is the point of college athletics if the children who aspire to play them, or at the very least cheer for them, are easily victimized by their heroes / coaches? And then institutionally ignored?

If TV markets are a business concern, then Ped State for Pitt or Temple. No institution is perfect but few protect child molesters.

I’m going to guess based off this being your first post after 18 years - and your spelling - that you’re a Ped State fan. If you are, then you should go back to where you came from.

And by that I mean to independent status as a school. I’d rather have Pitt or Temple in the B1G then keep dealing with your sex-scandal entrenched university.

I’m fairly certain / hopeful that thewildcat was being sarcastic.

Yes I'm not good at spelling or grammer

Not a Penn State fan and what they have done in the past is reprensinable.

Would like to learn the facts before making statements that may not be true.

Huh?

It’s entertaining?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT