ADVERTISEMENT

Planning on visiting for Rutgers game - need recs

RUskoolie

Aug 1, 2007
Hey all, I am going to fly in with my family to watch RU. First time we are playing you guys at your place in 7 years of the B1G so I figured I would get this in.

Looking for AirBnBs, just trying to figure out where to stay, where the night life is. Any help would be appreciated. Should I go as far out as Skokie? I try to avoid hotels if I can. Any places to avoid?

Is this your first trip to Chicago/ Evanston? If not you should try to see more of the city- so that would modify posters’ replies.

For my money it’s the best big city in America. By far.

If you are just coming in for a short trip, you could stay in Evanston. I'd look for something walking distance from the lakefront and downtown Evanston. Nothing wrong with Skokie, but I think you'll enjoy the lakefront area of Evanston more.

If you are staying a bit longer and haven't spend much time in Chicago, I'd stay there. You can take public transportation or Uber to the game. There are lots of neighborhoods, so it really depends on what you want to do.

If you are just coming in for a short trip, you could stay in Evanston. I'd look for something walking distance from the lakefront and downtown Evanston. Nothing wrong with Skokie, but I think you'll enjoy the lakefront area of Evanston more.

If you are staying a bit longer and haven't spend much time in Chicago, I'd stay there. You can take public transportation or Uber to the game. There are lots of neighborhoods, so it really depends on what you want to do.
Darren72, I would agree with you if it weren't Homecoming Last year there was no Homecoming, so this year there will be 5 and 6 year reunions. it will be very tough to get a hotel, although Skokie remains a possibility. I know because its a reunion year for me and my wife and I had a hell of a time finding lodging. CatMan's suggestion of downtown Chicago or even near north side would be a good idea. I would spend only game day in Evanston and get back down to Chicago for dinner. Evanston's going to be a madhouse.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
As a former Evanston resident right near the stadium and NU Season ticket holder, if you are looking for nightlife, neither Skokie, nor Evanston is where it’s at.

Stay downtown Chicago. Great restaurants all over downtown. Or, if you want to get some great neighborhood fare, stop in Andersonville or Lincoln Square. Mexican, Greek, Italian, Middle Eastern, Thai, Vietnamese and others.

Game day you have to hit up Mustard’s Last Stand. Enjoy your trip!!

As a former Evanston resident right near the stadium and NU Season ticket holder, if you are looking for nightlife, neither Skokie, nor Evanston is where it’s at.

Stay downtown Chicago. Great restaurants all over downtown. Or, if you want to get some great neighborhood fare, stop in Andersonville or Lincoln Square. Mexican, Greek, Italian, Middle Eastern, Thai, Vietnamese and others.

Game day you have to hit up Mustard’s Last Stand. Enjoy your trip!!

Breakfast at Sarki’s is also a must.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT