ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who will win the national title tonight?

Which team will win the College Football Playoff National Championship tonight?

• Clemson

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
This isn't who you want to win. This is who you think will win.

Is it fair to say that Clemson has the better offensive line and marginally better defense while LSU has the better quarterback? If so, and if it remains true that Defense Wins Championships then despite the "Home Field" advantage and Heisman hyped quarterback, one would expect Clemson to come out ahead. That said, some are claiming LSU is a team of destiny. This one is just too close to call.

Last edited:
I guess it is always a good day when the SEC loses, but truthfully it would be more fun rooting for almost any other non SEC team other than Clemson.

Last edited:
Good point Lou. LSU is the better team and is favored by 4.5. OSU was better than Clemson and lost only because Fields had limited mobility due to his knee injury. Losing their best safety to a targeting call didn't help either, although I think it was the correct call

Reactions: drewjin
Burrow definitely proved to be the better quarterback tonight. Clemson's quarterback had an off game missing multiple targets all night. That seemed to be the difference despite Clemson actually performing better on defense especially at the line of scrimmage. Some tough calls against Clemson that may have made a difference, especially the offensive P.I. that unfairly took back a touchdown and the clearly out of bounds LSU receiver with his hand out that did not get reviewed that also led to an eventual touchdown instead of killing the drive.

I was rooting for Clemson. Given SEC and the fact that the Clemson fans were generally supportive and happy with us when HJ transferred. They predicted greatness for HJ, and so I hope/expect those promises to be kept, even if a year later than expected.

I have to say the Joe Burrow and Ed O comeback stories are compelling.

I was rooting for Clemson. Given SEC and the fact that the Clemson fans were generally supportive and happy with us when HJ transferred. They predicted greatness for HJ, and so I hope/expect those promises to be kept, even if a year later than expected.

I have to say the Joe Burrow and Ed O comeback stories are compelling.
Since Joe Burrow is essentially a Cincinnati Bengal already, I was rooting for LSU. Please don't screw this up Cincinnati! Please don't screw this up!!

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT