ADVERTISEMENT

Porter Moser

De
I remember when Gary Barnett was first hired at NU. He also tried to drum up support. He visited the frats and held “fireside chats” and was spectacular. It turned out pretty well.........
Dennis Green did the same. The results were not as obvious.

Name a coach i supposedly craped over. One!

Why are you using an exclamation mark?

Dogging non NU coaches in the region, (particularly when people look them as hopeful replacements in Evanston) is your bit.

You use two the same two pieces of rationale every time:

1) The conference to which coach x’s team belongs isn’t the Big Ten.

OR

2) Coach X will have team X on probation
within a couple of years.

Why not own it? I’m simply pointing out facts at this point. You do you, Willy.

But to answer your question: Porter Moser, Brad Underwood, any past coach at NIU that has success, PJ Fleck (while at WMU), etc...

Last edited:
Why are you using an explanation mark? Dogging non NU coaches in the region, (particularly when people look them as hopeful replacements in Evanston) is your bit.

You use two the same two pieces of rationale every time:

1) The conference to which coach x’s team belongs isn’t the Big Ten.

OR

2) Coach X will have team X on probation
within a couple of years.

Why not own it? I’m simply pointing out facts at this point. You do you, Willy.

But to answer your question: Porter Moser, Brad Underwood, any past coach at NIU that has success, TJ Fleck (while at WMU), etc...
You must have me confused with another poster, since i have never stated that a coach X, Y or Z would have NU on probation. NIU. please!

...i have never stated that a coach X, Y or Z would have NU on probation. NIU. please!

Willy, please read posts carefully as I did not say that, rather pointed out that’s what you have said about other programs in the region.

The most recent example was your claim that Brad Underwood would “have Illinois on probation within a few seasons”.

Every regular on this board knows your style, so this is the last I’ll comment on it. No reason to belabor the point any further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zupicky
Willy, please read posts carefully as I did not say that, rather pointed out that’s what you have said about other programs in the region.

The most recent example was your claim that Brad Underwood would “have Illinois on probation within a few seasons”.

Every regular on this board knows your style, so this is the last I’ll comment on it. No reason to belabor the point any further.
Yep you can stop with your lies anytime. I have said that Underwood would have Illinois on probation, simply because he has the resume for that. Sounds like it is you who needs to read posts more carefully. Bye.

So not only did Seth Davis just tweet that he expects Moser to go to Indiana, he floated the possibility that Krutwig and Williamson could follow him for one last run.

• Wow
Reactions: NUCat320
Hey champ, since our coach was hired we've both made the tourney the same number of times, and we think our coach should be fired.
In the four years since Underwood was hired, he has won 40 big ten games (including two rebuilding seasons to start his tenure...) Collins has won 19 in the same time frame.

Last edited:
Reactions: phatcat
So not only did Seth Davis just tweet that he expects Moser to go to Indiana, he floated the possibility that Krutwig and Williamson could follow him for one last run.
Surprised Moser wasn't fired by Loyola today. Was outcoached and the team looked disinterested. Sound familiar from some board members?

Sounds a bit presumptuous???

In the four years since Underwood was hired, he has won 40 big ten games (including two rebuilding seasons to start his tenure...) Collins has won 19 in the same time frame.
Underwood's coaching job vs. Illini looks a lot worse tonight after the Oregon State coach figured out you gotta play zone on Loyola, clog the passing lanes, and make them beat you from outside, while the Illini kept playing man and couldn't get a stop for most of the second half as they were trying to come back.

Underwood's coaching job vs. Illini looks a lot worse tonight after the Oregon State coach figured out you gotta play zone on Loyola, clog the passing lanes, and make them beat you from outside, while the Illini kept playing man and couldn't get a stop for most of the second half as they were trying to come back.
OS played 70% man in the 1st half. Switching it with zone. Second half was all zone and LUC scored 42.

Reactions: Vassar69
Agreed. Awful game plan, awful execution, no adjustments from what I could see. That said, you’re critiquing a #1 seed and a guy who coached his team to winning something like 14 of their last 15 games down the stretch. Did he have a bad game at a terrible time? Absolutely. Is it a referendum on him as a Big Ten head coach? Not to me.

The shot tracker...had LU winning by 17,,,,meaning their offense produced the shots they needed,,,,they didnt make them,,,,has been an issue this year....when teams were able to limit the touches to Krutwig, which OS did today by playing a collapsing zone...LU has had less success because they have been either hot or cold from 3, very inconsistent. (sound familiar) also the inconsistent free throw %.....the Sweet 16 is the wrong time to not hit your shots....look forward to seeing the Cats and LU in the Dance next year...

The shot tracker...had LU winning by 17,,,,meaning their offense produced the shots they needed,,,,they didnt make them,,,,has been an issue this year....when teams were able to limit the touches to Krutwig, which OS did today by playing a collapsing zone...LU has had less success because they have been either hot or cold from 3, very inconsistent. (sound familiar) also the inconsistent free throw %.....the Sweet 16 is the wrong time to not hit your shots....look forward to seeing the Cats and LU in the Dance next year...
Even when playing man in the first, they floated a lot. Clearly with the intention of betting LUC would not beat them from the 3 point line. Limit Krutwig, limit penetration, hope 3 point shots don't fall.

All day 3 point shooting was horrendous. The higher the stakes, the less players make them.

Well now it appears IU is going with... Mike Woodson?

Oh have the mighty fallen....did not see this one coming.

I didn't see it coming, but when you think about it I guess it makes sense? He was a hell of player for IU, he played under Bobby Knight, he was born and raised in Indiana, and he played and coached in the NBA so he can sell that to recruits. Maybe they saw the success that Michigan had with Howard and wanted to "keep it in the family."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT