ADVERTISEMENT

Porter Moser

If they needed an old IU guy, they would have been better off hiring Alford. At least he’s coached major programs and had some success.
Is Bobby Knight coming in as an assistant...I will never forget that game at McGaw against IU when the student body just about turned BK inside out.....I think it was Hoosier Daddy game.....loved it

Reactions: DaCat and T_Levine
Is Bobby Knight coming in as an assistant...I will never forget that game at McGaw against IU when the student body just about turned BK inside out.....I think it was Hoosier Daddy game.....loved it
It was and at half time Knight tried to reach j to the band and yank him over the railing. I’d say 86 or 87. We upset iu winter 88.

Woodson coached the Knicks! He's coached in the NBA playoffs.
He’s established himself as an ‘ehhhh’ nba coach, and it’s not like a) there’s a great record of NBA to college success , or b) anybody cares who Mike Woodson is anymore than they did who Lovie Smith is.

Seth Davis was pretty critical of Archie’s firing during the Gonzaga broadcast, mentioning that Leonard Hamilton went seven years at FSU before making the tournament.

Personally, I’m just happy that the string-pulling alumni never saw Alabama play, because it would be terrifying to see Nate Oats in the B1G.

Craig Smith is the next coach at Utah. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t bring Neemias Queta with him. One of the best players in college ball you’ve never heard of.

He’s established himself as an ‘ehhhh’ nba coach, and it’s not like a) there’s a great record of NBA to college success , or b) anybody cares who Mike Woodson is anymore than they did who Lovie Smith is.

Seth Davis was pretty critical of Archie’s firing during the Gonzaga broadcast, mentioning that Leonard Hamilton went seven years at FSU before making the tournament.

Personally, I’m just happy that the string-pulling alumni never saw Alabama play, because it would be terrifying to see Nate Oats in the B1G.
I had not seen Alabama play before today. It’s not over yet, they’re up by 1 with 30 secs to go. But regardless, they looked like a bunch of really talented and athletic kids with very little control.

I am making no judgments. It’s 1 game

Reactions: loyolacat
I had not seen Alabama play before today. It’s not over yet, they’re up by 1 with 30 secs to go. But regardless, they looked like a bunch of really talented and athletic kids with very little control.

I am making no judgments. It’s 1 game
Apparently don’t spent a lot of time on free throws... but he can draw up a three-point full court buzzer beater because *everyone* can shoot the three. Wow!

Reactions: GatoLouco
UCLA should have fouled...
I’m pretty confident analytics tells you to foul. They failed forcing AL to catch the ball going in the direction of their basket. Did not foul. SMH as the kids say these days

PS-the UCLA kid who scored the last basket was fouled and the call on the AL player who missed FT was dubious

Bizarrely, the next season, when his team came out onto the floor, he walked past the student section and tossed us all starlight mints.

There's some quality names out there that haven't been gobbled up and don't look they're going to be.

I really wish this wouldn't end up like a DePaul search, but I get the feeling that's what it's going to be. Nobody with any type of resume wanted that DePaul gig.

It would have been nice to take a run at Moser but alas it was not meant to be. Good guy, I wish him well.

Reactions: NUChicago
Part of me understands why he made the move but in practical term he just accepted a job that very likely he will be fired from down the road. Barring some scandal he would have had job security at Loyola for life

Part of me understands why he made the move but in practical term he just accepted a job that very likely he will be fired from down the road. Barring some scandal he would have had job security at Loyola for life

If he got fired at OU after making a tournament or two but not getting far enough, he’d still be a candidate here. Call it the Shaka Smart plan

Reactions: NU Houston
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT