ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Practice Observations From Today

GOUNUII

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2004
Trying to stay within the Fitz Rules here. Overall impression. The speed and force of the game is amazing. Big hits of the day under controlled conditions belonged to Coco and Hollis.

1. QB … Sullivan may be a real contender. Just a smart, efficient kid that extended plays and delivered the ball.

2. RB … All 3 RBs looked sharp. Tyus showed more quicks and explosion than I was expecting. They all run hard and are willing to deliver a blow.

3. WR … GHP was a weapon today. Short, medium and deep.

4. TE … Lots of rotations in and out.

5. OL … Nothing new. RG competition will go into the Fall. Tiernan and Rowley got a lot of reps. Thompson is a very large and very powerful young man. Could play tackle or guard. EW, ZF, BW and CF did not participate.

6. DL … Defense showed multiple fronts. Good to see Story, Jordan and Cameron participating. Tommy A. will be fun to watch. Story looks to have the tools and the health to make some plays. I think HJ is going to be disappointed with the ISU transfer. Lots of bodies in and out. Guys like McLaughlin and Olges appear to have a window of opportunity here. O’Rourke and Johnson too. Coleman in street clothes. Odenigbo talking it up on the sidelines.

7. LB … Several guys not participating. But Metz is fast and furious, though still light in the seat. And I liked what I saw from Uihlein and the Pitt transfer. Both looked solid.

8. DB … That’s a fun group to watch. Flying everywhere with purpose and bad intentions. See above for big hits of the day.

9. ST … Nothing to report.

Lots of people in attendance, including recruits and their parents. I don’t think Knox ever went anywhere without Birsa and Senda by his side. The place was alive with excitement and energy for 2 full hours.

Spent some time with the Marshall family from Cincy Moeller. Son is a 2024 RB recruit. Had to explain to them that the handout roster sheet was woefully inaccurate regarding player weights. Must have been provided by NUSports.

Questions?

GOUNUII

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.