ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the Opponent for Fitz's 100th win (post-2018 Fitz has 96 wins as HC)

Who will be the opponent for Fitz's 100th win?

• @Wisconsin

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • @Nebraska

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Iowa

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • @Indiana

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Purdue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UMass

• Minnesota

• @Illinois

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zeek55

Nov 21, 2010
This upcoming season will potentially feature another milestone given that Fitz is currently 96-70 as HC. That means his 100th win is most likely coming in the 2019 season.

Obviously this will be a capstone moment for Fitz and the program just as his 50th win was in the 2013 Gator Bowl (which made him the winningest coach in program history as well as breaking the bowl win drought).

2019 schedule:

@Stanford
UNLV
Michigan State
@Wisconsin
@Nebraska
Ohio State
Iowa
@Indiana
Purdue
UMass
Minnesota
@Illinois

Obviously, we'd all want it to be as early as possible (against Wisconsin, first possible opportunity, en route to a double digit win season), but that home stretch of Ohio State/Iowa looks really enticing for a marquee 100th home win (though it means we go into those games 3-2 or 3-3).

It's also pretty clear that this is a very front-loaded schedule. I can see 3 or 4 opponents being ranked in those first 6 games, while only Iowa will probably be ranked in the last 6 games.

This upcoming season will potentially feature another milestone given that Fitz is currently 96-70 as HC. That means his 100th win is most likely coming in the 2019 season.

Obviously this will be a capstone moment for Fitz and the program just as his 50th win was in the 2013 Gator Bowl (which made him the winningest coach in program history as well as breaking the bowl win drought).

2019 schedule:

@Stanford
UNLV
Michigan State
@Wisconsin
@Nebraska
Ohio State
Iowa
@Indiana
Purdue
UMass
Minnesota
@Illinois

Obviously, we'd all want it to be as early as possible (against Wisconsin, first possible opportunity, en route to a double digit win season), but that home stretch of Ohio State/Iowa looks really enticing for a marquee 100th home win (though it means we go into those games 3-2 or 3-3).

It's also pretty clear that this is a very front-loaded schedule. I can see 3 or 4 opponents being ranked in those first 6 games, while only Iowa will probably be ranked in the last 6 games.
Anybody know who the Packers play in their 4th game?

I'm hilarious.

I actually think NU will come out guns a blazing next year and we need to if we are going to have a season equal to or better than this one. I was tempted to say Wisconsin. Nebraska is probably more reasonable. If he gets it in the Ohio game NU will have two losses already but might be able to make a run to the end for a ten win season and second division championship. I'd rather get the 4 wins up front.
Who picked illinois?

Last edited:
I actually think NU will come out guns a blazing next year and we need to if we are going to have a season equal to or better than this one. I was tempted to say Wisconsin Nebraska is probably one reasonable. If he gets it in the Ohio game NU will have two losses already but might be able to make a run to the end for a ten win season and second division championship. I'd rather get the 4 wins up front.
Who picked illinois?
Coombes

I actually think NU will come out guns a blazing next year and we need to if we are going to have a season equal to or better than this one. I was tempted to say Wisconsin Nebraska is probably one reasonable. If he gets it in the Ohio game NU will have two losses already but might be able to make a run to the end for a ten win season and second division championship. I'd rather get the 4 wins up front.
Who picked illinois?
Yeah those @Wisconsin/@Nebraska games especially look important given the division race impact there.

Feels like the West division could be decided pretty early again.

2019 schedule:

@Stanford
UNLV
Michigan State
@Wisconsin
@Nebraska
Ohio State
Iowa
@Indiana
Purdue
UMass
Minnesota
@Illinois

No because it would mean we would have to lose2-3 of our first few games to have it that late.

With the Holiday Bowl win, Fitz passed none other than Randy Walker on the all time NCAA career wins list.

With the New Year comes my optimistic but not inconceivable guess that he'll rank among the Top 100 by 2022, and with 20 more years of coaching left, he could end up next to Pop Warner with a Top 5 all time ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT