ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction thread: Stanford@NU

thank you for starting this...

Cats 31
Farmers 26

Stanord beats us by 28.

I still don't know why we are playing these guys.

NU 20
SU 17

Jack Mitchell strikes again!

NU 16
Stanford 14

In a low scoring game that includes a defensive touchdown and multiple field goals to give the Cats victory.

Stanford 30-17. All the first game optimism notwithstanding, I think I need to see some evidence first that we might be better than last year.

cardinal 31
cats 20

it will be ugly early until we start playing for real at the end of 2nd Q

I'm hopeful but not optimistic. Trees 41, 'Cats 0.
I am likewise hopeful but not optimistic; however, I would be terribly surprised and disappointed if they hang 41 points on what looks to be a pretty good D, unless you are expecting a couple of pick-sixes and a PR for a TD

Cats 19, Cardinals (sic) 17

A hail mary to end the game wins it for the Northwestern of the west coast.
Stanford-27
Cats-21

NU wins 17-13. Neither offense looks good (credit the defense!).

I'm hoping it's low scoring - I'm playing Northwestern's D in my fantasy league this week.

Reactions: Turk
Stanford 24
NU 17

Closer than most think as our defense keeps us in the game and we play a pretty conservative offensive game. However, Thorson, who has a reasonable debut considering the challenge, throws a key early 4th quarter interception, which leads to the game winning Stanford drive.

cardinal 31
cats 20

it will be ugly early until we start playing for real at the end of 2nd Q
I'm almost certain that this will not be a repeat of last year's Cali game. I think the game will be quite the reverse as Fitz really does have this team ready. IMO, NU will punch Stanford in the mouth early, but the Cardinal will adjust after halftime and almost pull the game out. And our game plan isn't to limit the playbook either. Yes, I know Thorson is a redshirt frosh but they are giving him the full confidence in this one. The whole playbook will be utilized as if Thorson is a rock star. He will either sink or swim but it won't be because Fitz went conservative. This is a fact that I know. You will see!

I'm almost certain that this will not be a repeat of last year's Cali game. I think the game will be quite the reverse as Fitz really does have this team ready. IMO, NU will punch Stanford in the mouth early, but the Cardinal will adjust after halftime and almost pull the game out. And our game plan isn't to limit the playbook either. Yes, I know Thorson is a redshirt frosh but they are giving him the full confidence in this one. The whole playbook will be utilized as if Thorson is a rock star. He will either sink or swim but it won't be because Fitz went conservative. This is a fact that I know. You will see!
The other fact you know is that there is no such thing as gravity. I keep waiting to float off into space. Hasn't happened. Just sayin....

The other fact you know is that there is no such thing as gravity. I keep waiting to float off into space. Hasn't happened. Just sayin....
You keep thinking the Statue of Liberty is in Lake Superior, brother. You watch too many movies. Go with your own observations and you will learn a bunch! Some things are only in the movies bro. Let's not sabatoge the brother's post with rant board material. Over there I can further educate you on your misleadings.

You keep thinking the Statue of Liberty is in Lake Superior, brother. You watch too many movies. Go with your own observations and you will learn a bunch! Some things are only in the movies bro. Let's not sabatoge the brother's post with rant board material. Over there I can further educate you on your misleadings.
Consider this--I think you're correct (on the football board). If you are wrong, you have sabotaged us.

Cardinal 27, Cats 20. I wanna believe, but Stanford is a well coached and very good team. Expecting Thorson to notch a W against the Cardinal in his first college start is just setting the bar too high, in my opinion. NU does, however, knock the snot out of that silly 12.5 point spread.

I predicted just about every game wrong last year, so hope I do it here again. A few weeks ago, I thought we had very little chance here. However, I have sipped on the purple koolaid that is being poured by the posters and love the confidence the team seems to exhibit. Contrary to what some think, I believe this is the great time to get Stanford. They started very slowly last year before hitting their stride, it can happen again. Best time to get them despite Clayton's first start. He will be decent in his first start, but bet there are a few other freshman surprises. Trying but can't talk myself into a win here.

Cardinal 30-Cats 24. Why the Sam Hill is it Cardinal anyway? Is that the color? It's not Cleveland Brown or Cincinnati Red or St. Louis Cardinal.

Stanford 31
NU 13 (at least Mr. Palindrome will have a wan smile).

Willie and Hannibal 38
That wacky sequoia 17
Fitz gets his boys back on the winning opener track. Looking at this game through purple colored glasses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT