ADVERTISEMENT

Presser notes: Braun talks bowl game, hiring processes

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

Here are our takeaways from David Braun's press conference today on the Las Vegas Bowl as well as Northwestern's recruiting and hiring outlooks.
Braun just moved up a couple of notches in my book. There is no better program for NU to emulate in my mind than the Utah program that Coach Whittingham has built. They play complementary football, are tough nosed, and have achieved a high level of success over an extended period of time even though they don’t necessarily have any distinctive competitive advantage to attract top players. They do it by being one of the best staffs in identifying undervalued talent and are also one of the best developmental staffs in the country. Their won/loss record and track record of developing NFL draft picks relative to star rankings of their recruits has to be one of the top in the country. If Braun can even come close to replicating Utah’s program at NU, we’ll all be very happy.

Coach Braun seems to good to be true. He had like 40 seniors at senior day and I was looking for a paper bag to breathe into, and he's like 'ya looks like most of the guys will play in the bowl and we're not too worried about the portal'.. wha?? If he gets most of the seniors with eligibility back, he doesn't deserve COTY, he deserves a Nobel Prize

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT