ADVERTISEMENT

Pro Debut

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
Matt Fitzpatrick has his professional debut this week at the Irish Open. It will be interesting to see if he is able to play his way onto the tour (either Europe or USPGA) or if he'll need to go the Q School route.

Well that didn't take long...NU's first one (quarter) and done. Imagine that outcry if a basketball player did something similar. Too bad he couldn't have stuck it for one year.

Kid was too good! Why spend your winters in Evanston? Can't help your game much. He just beat Luke Donald and Bubba Watson! I think he will be fine!

Opening 72 puts him in 80th place. On way to first of many missed cuts as a professional.

You spend your winters in Evanston to work on your game and give you options in life that the European Tour just doesn't give you.

Young Matt would have been well served to play college golf somewhere in the U.S. He could work out and get bigger and stronger (and you could even do that in Evanston in the winter!), which is something he will desperately need as his career progresses.

Michelle Wie agrees with you...

Originally posted by Smolmania:
Opening 72 puts him in 80th place. On way to first of many missed cuts as a professional.

You spend your winters in Evanston to work on your game and give you options in life that the European Tour just doesn't give you.

Young Matt would have been well served to play college golf somewhere in the U.S. He could work out and get bigger and stronger (and you could even do that in Evanston in the winter!), which is something he will desperately need as his career progresses.

Matt is four under this round and in 22nd place! Kid is fantastic! By the way, no eleven year old girl is ever going to beat wrassler in golf!

Got news for you. Matt ain't missing the cut. Shot -4 on front 9. One shot out of the top 10. Kicking Rory's ass.

Matt was right for leaving NU! Kid finished in the top thrifty and in the money! Kid is a stud!

I have no idea what a 29th place finish get him, do you Wrassler? I do think this week was a success for him; anything below the cut line is a successful first pro event.

Not bad at all. But he's gonna have to earn a lot more if he's going to secure a tour card without going the Q school route.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT