ADVERTISEMENT

Problems Accessing Wildcat Report From Abroad

iskaboo

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2011
London, UK
I think that Rivals is again blocking people from outside the US (or at least those in Europe) from accessing its sites. For the past several days, I have received the following elegant message when I tried to access the Football board or The Rock:

Screenshot-2020-02-18-at-22-11-58.png

That's a nice message to send to a paid-up subscriber. Thanks, Rivals!

So, I am again using a VPN set to the US to log in to the boards, which is frankly a pain in the a**. Could one of the moderators please let me know what is happening?

If you live in the US and are planning to travel overseas, you may want to make sure you have a VPN if you want to read the latest NU news.

I think that Rivals is again blocking people from outside the US (or at least those in Europe) from accessing its sites. For the past several days, I have received the following elegant message when I tried to access the Football board or The Rock:

So, I am again using a VPN set to the US to log in to the boards, which is frankly a pain in the a**. Could one of the moderators please let me know what is happening?

If you live in the US and are planning to travel overseas, you may want to make sure you have a VPN if you want to read the latest NU news.
Oh, that just means Turk is in process of posting.

Hard enough to access wildcat report from a guy!

I got the same message from Edinburgh last week. Annoying.

Reactions: iskaboo
I assume that Rivals is blocking people in Europe because I am able to log in from Fez in Morocco, which reportedly is full of Wildcat fans.

I didn't know they ever STOPPED blocking it. FWIW it usually works on cellular.

I wasn’t able to access the board or the Trib in Europe. Something about conflicts with the EU.

GDPR regulations

Rivals and others would block people in Europe because they don’t want to comply

GDPR doesn’t apply in Africa

Last edited:
Buy a VPN and drop the pin anywhere in America and you'll be fine, it's like $8/ month and is recommended to prevent identity theft

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT