ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Game Thread

We sure make it easy for them first time starting quarterback play off all the receivers let him complete three in a row so that he'll gain confidence

I don't even remember what it's like to have a lead.

For luck, my son made me a Fitz jersey to wear today, which I've been wearing the last two hours. At this rate I'm never taking it off.

The receivers are making nice catches...when the ball is there. And some fresh blood. Like what I am seeing from these young receivers.

194 yards in first quarter, including 89 through the air (so it's not just Kyric's long run). Let's keep up the pace. Don't even care if Purdue's D is bad. NU needs some offensive confidence.

I just got to a sports bar where I am meeting Coraland I missed most of the first quarter , 14 to nothing when I got here, would someone please tell me how we scored both touchdowns. Thanks

I just got to a sports bar where I am meeting Coraland I missed most of the first quarter , 14 to nothing when I got here, would someone please tell me how we scored both touchdowns. Thanks
McGiwan broke a 79 yard TD run.

Smith led a drive by making a bunch of throws culminated by a nice pass on a post route by ? ( Forgot who)

Reactions: CatManTrue

80 yard McGowan run and then a nice long drive ending with a 20 yard TD pass from Smith to James with pressure in his face.

79 yard run by Venric Mark oops McGowan. Pass from Aidan to Jace James

Wish we had the same defense we had earlier in the year Purdue moving fairly easily every Drive. about to score. Lots of Miss tackels lots of broken tackles could easily end up losing this game

Wish we had the same defense we had earlier in the year Purdue moving fairly easily every Drive. about to score. Lots of Miss tackels lots of broken tackles could easily end up losing this game
this has not been defense best year.

And a pass interference in the end zone just 'cause

Sadly we will need to score again if we are going to win this game cuz the defense can't stop Purdue

The inconsistent and deteriorating defensive play as the year has progressed has been disappointing. I know they are frustrated and have experienced injuries but the mistakes they are making are basic. Poor tackling, sloppy technique and losing contain (like Ruiz did on that TD play). These are fundamental things.

The inconsistent and deteriorating defensive play as the year has progressed has been disappointing. I know they are frustrated and have experienced injuries but the mistakes they are making are basic. Poor tackling, sloppy technique and losing contain (like Ruiz did on that TD play). These are fundamental things.

Brohm has figured out how to formation us out of numbers on the back side. It is unfortunately a “thing” with Hank defenses in certain calls.

Certainly not use to what we have been accustomed to.

Aidan looked really sharp at the beginning of the game now not so much

Good to see them winning, but that is three balls thrown directly to a Purdue defender that they have dropped.

Reactions: phatcat
ADVERTISEMENT