ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue getting pantsed

28 points given up with 2;48 to go in 1st quarter. And 255 yards. I love it.

If they just burned all of these trick plays prior to the game, they might have been able to keep up on offense. Still early tho.

I am suddenly feeling better about our bowl performance vs. Tennessee. I have no idea why, though...

I'm having flashbacks to the 2000 Alamo Bowl when we played a Nebraska team that had been ranked pre-season number one and after an underachieving season, had something they wanted to prove! Auburn was highly rated before the season started and they tanked. Gus Malzahn, who was under fire before this game, took over the reins of his offense, and oh my goodness! Purdue is running into a buzzsaw.

Neither the two losses to Tennessee nor the Nebraska beatdown at San Antonio were anything like this debacle All three of those were actually respectable at halftime. Did someone say in another thread say Purdue was going to be improved on defense next year. Are they getting all new players?

Neither the two losses to Tennessee nor the Nebraska beatdown at San Antonio were anything like this debacle All three of those were actually respectable at halftime. Did someone say in another thread say Purdue was going to be improved on defense next year. Are they getting all new players?

Purdue is just not very good. 6-6 for the third year in a row sounds about right to me. About $1mm per victory for Brohm. Good deal for him.

Well, after good starts by Minny and Wisky, here comes the weak B1G West narrative again. And it's hard to defend against when one of the boys gives up 49 points in a half. Maybe it was time for Urban to retire. Anybody coaching a team with OSU's talent that lost to Purdue by 29 should be shot at dawn.

The 2000 Alamo Bowl was 38-17 at the half. We closed to 31-17 with 1:10 to go on a long DA2 run, but Nebby came right back and scored on a long screen pass. I think most of us knew it was over then. We could not stop Nebby at all.

I'm having flashbacks to the 2000 Alamo Bowl when we played a Nebraska team that had been ranked pre-season number one and after an underachieving season, had something they wanted to prove! Auburn was highly rated before the season started and they tanked. Gus Malzahn, who was under fire before this game, took over the reins of his offense, and oh my goodness! Purdue is running into a buzzsaw.
Malzahn is not playing Fitz ball with the lead either. No 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I suspect even if they ran dive plays, one would get busted sooner than later.

This is about to get uglier too.

Reactions: NUCat320
Well, after good starts by Minny and Wisky, here comes the weak B1G West narrative again. And it's hard to defend against when one of the boys gives up 49 points in a half. Maybe it was time for Urban to retire. Anybody coaching a team with OSU's talent that lost to Purdue by 29 should be shot at dawn.

You mean 56 in the first half.

Would this count as only one loss in the conference bowl record? Asking for another team.

The 2000 Alamo Bowl was 38-17 at the half. We closed to 31-17 with 1:10 to go on a long DA2 run, but Nebby came right back and scored on a long screen pass. I think most of us knew it was over then. We could not stop Nebby at all.
I knew it was over too but at the half it was still a respectable game, not 56-7!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT