ADVERTISEMENT

QB offers

Aging Booster

Apr 10, 2014
Just wondering if it makes sense to add a QB to the class before a new OC/QB coach weighs in. A new hire might even bring in a guy he has been recruiting.

NU offered USF commit Tate Rodemaker this week. Rivals #32 pro-style QB. Set for a visit next weekend per TOS, after a visit to Pitt this weekend.

Reactions: phatcat
this deserves a "like" just for the tagline at the bottom re Corby/McCall

Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even notice. I'll have to figure out how to do that myself. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: freewillie07
Yes it does. Offers have already gone out. Join us on The Rock.
I knew what we had done, I am just wondering what others think about the advisability of doing so. It seems to me that our new OC might have a prospect in mind, perhaps committed to the OC's previous school, or at least might have some input into our future QBs.

I knew what we had done, I am just wondering what others think about the advisability of doing so. It seems to me that our new OC might have a prospect in mind, perhaps committed to the OC's previous school, or at least might have some input into our future QBs.

OC/QB coaches want good players. The players we have offered are good players.

It’s possible these new QB offers were in part the the result of conversations with some of the OC candidates. They were certainly on our radar before but perhaps some of the OC candidates were asked by Fitz about potential 2020 QB recruits that they liked.

The early signing day is less than two weeks away.

Even if we announce the new OC today, I don't see how there would be time to recruit a prospect before he signs with another university, especially if the kid wants to visit NU before he signs. I agree with Corbi above that if we are close to agreeing terms with a new OC, we are probably looking closely at some of his suggested recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT