ADVERTISEMENT

QB Room Summer Viewing

SchroedingersCat

May 20, 2019
In rough order of age, here’s some quarantine content I‘d recommend for each of our signal callers, present and future.

Green: TikTok videos. Old Man Green needs to keep up with what kids these days are watching. I hear that if you get to the end of TikTok, you get an extra year of eligibility.
Ramsey: 2019 BC offensive tape. If I see one more goddamn 3rd down draw play, I’m out. In case you feel the same, burn all 2019 NU film.
Johnson: Tony Robbins tapes. Dude gets a mulligan for last year, but now needs to prove to us and to his teammates he has the power to awaken the Burreaux within.
Smith: The final season of Lost. Like a certain someone else on this list, Aidan needs to learn to let go - let go of the ball, and of his position on the depth chart. A true team player for the beating he endured last year, but it’s time for an ambiguous ending that leaves more questions than answers.
Marty: Tebow and Taysom Hill tape. Wouldn’t it be a nice to have that kind of offensive weapon? A guy can dream. Any chance the secret is Mormonism? Somebody get the missionaries on Marty right away!
Whittaker: Trey Burton and Jordan Reed tape. Face it, dude’s a TE now, and former QBs have found success at the position. By all accounts, he’s fully embracing his new role and helping Carl get a leg up. Plus, lots of opportunity to grab playing time in the not-so-super backs room. He’ll need to beef up, so add Supersize Me, but with with the health disclaimers edited out.
Richardson: Justin Herbert tape. You may think this is based on height, you’d be right, but this is also a bookworm comparison. Dude can GPA with the best of them, but needs to add some zip. Herbert added zip as he progressed, and look at him now. Quack quack.
Sullivan: Ben Roethlisberger HS senior lunch room tape. Sully’s got size, but he’s a stick. So was Big Ben at his age. Maybe adding 60 lbs would be a bit much, but you get the drift. Also, stay away from motorcycles and Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournaments.

Bonus: Coach Jake: Marie Kondo. Too many fannies for not enough seats in the QB room. If it does not spark joy, next man up. Can’t afford to allocate playing time based on seniority. More of a peeve for the WR/TE rooms, but applies here too.

Bonus: Coach Jake: Marie Kondo. Too many fannies for not enough seats in the QB room. If it does not spark joy, next man up. Can’t afford to allocate playing time based on seniority. More of a peeve for the WR/TE rooms, but applies here too.
SERENITY, NOT SENIORITY! (but don’t actually shout it)

I think this post should win a “best post of the stay at home no live sports we’re all gonna die era”. It is easily the most entertaining one on the board in weeks, and thanks for using your work at home time to compose and post it!
He should do this for other position groups. Quite the entertainer.

Reactions: SchroedingersCat
Smith: The final season of Lost. Like a certain someone else on this list, Aidan needs to learn to let go - let go of the ball, and of his position on the depth chart. A true team player for the beating he endured last year, but it’s time for an ambiguous ending that leaves more questions than answers.
too.

Funny stuff. Thanks.

As to the "final season of LOST," remember any of these scenes?

(In the first two my oldest son is the character actor seated behind Sawyer on the last season's Oceanic Flight and then standing in front of Jack at the airport after landing. In the final scene he is walking by as the Smoke Monster character discusses with Jack his father's missing body.

(FWIW the first scene was filmed at the Hawaii Film Studios in a mock up plane, the second at the Honolulu Airport with the last one a mix with the foreground shot on the studio soundstage and behind the glass at the airport. The added photo was from the Sunset on the Beach public gala.)

DSC_0010-1.jpg
DSC_0323.jpg
photo.jpg
DSC_0472.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
Ask and ye shall receive... TE Room Summer Viewing

Raine: All the Dan Vitale tape he can get his hands on. Like Vitale, dude is 6’2” the same way Rashawn Slater was his reported 6’5” in HS. Fortunately, my girl assures me that size doesn’t matter, at least for flex TEs.

Pugh: Step Brothers. NU has had incredible success recruiting brothers, which is why it surprised when his 4-star baby bro didn’t even put us in his Top 10. Salt in the wound that he seems destined for Wisco. Maybe Trey forgot to tell him the Fitz Carlton has so much room for activities.

Mangieri: Angles and Demons. Dude missed blocks last year like Bergin and Willock missed tackles. Terrible angles. Charlie needs to exorcise the demons of his 2019 performance through exercise blocking the guy right in front of him. I’ll let myself out.

Gordon: Tiger King. Hey all you cool ‘Cats and kittens, Tommy G is my offensive sleeper pick for a breakout year. He had an offer from Coach O at LSU. That means this kid can really peppah the gumbo. Coach Jake needs to unleash the blonde. Free Tommy Exotic!

Welcing: Miracle. This kid is a hockey player who got halfway through learning the basics of tight-ending in a shortened HS career, so the hockey instincts are still there. Let’s use ‘em. Much like Kurt Russell, I am sick and tired of hearing how good a team the reds (an OSU/Wisco/Nebby/Indiana?) have.

Lang: We Are Marshall. An uplifting tale of a coal country Marshall that overcame tragedy in part by playing freshmen. Well, our SB/TE play last year was tragic. The depth chart is thin. Your moment is now. Carpe Superbackem. Maybe grow a 70s ‘stache. You. Are. Marshall!

Bonus: Genson Hooper Draper Price. Mad Men, for obvious reasons. Dude’s 6’4/215 with track speed. He’s a weapon. If Coach Springer won’t start him at WR, put him on a protein IV drip and send him to Coach Heff. Just get him on the field.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT