ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey is Persa 2.0

ajr938

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
Ramsey had an awesome debut. He reminded me so much of Dan Persa with his passing efficiency. I am really excited with what Coach Bajakian has been able to do with the offense. It is a shame that we only have Ramsey for this year. It will be exciting to see the type of players that Bajakian will be able to recruit to NU.

Reactions: DaCat and corbi296
Ramsey had an awesome debut. He reminded me so much of Dan Persa with his passing efficiency. I am really excited with what Coach Bajakian has been able to do with the offense. It is a shame that we only have Ramsey for this year. It will be exciting to see the type of players that Bajakian will be able to recruit to NU.

He can come back next year if he wants to. I see the Persa comparison, similar playing style, but we are a ways off from Ramsey playing at Persa’s level. Would love to see it happen.

Ramsey will be an NFL starter! He is faster than Persa. And his arm looks stronger.

He can come back next year if he wants to. I see the Persa comparison, similar playing style, but we are a ways off from Ramsey playing at Persa’s level. Would love to see it happen.

I think the Persa comparison is apt with the massive caveat that its one game against a bad team. But his decision-making, accuracy, tough running and clutch 3rd down play was outstanding. Not sure anyone could play much better given a small sample size. Thorson was an immense talent and was great for us but his decision making and accuracy was never as good as his arm talent. It was nice to see that if only for 1 game.

Reactions: DaCat
I think the Persa comparison is apt with the massive caveat that its one game against a bad team. But his decision-making, accuracy, tough running and clutch 3rd down play was outstanding. Not sure anyone could play much better given a small sample size. Thorson was an immense talent and was great for us but his decision making and accuracy was never as good as his arm talent. It was nice to see that if only for 1 game.
The one thing we'll need to see is how he does when the pressure is a little greater. I'd like to think it was our OL play, but the bottom line is that Maryland generated very little pass rush. There will be teams this year that generate more pressure. Let's see how Ramsey does under pressure.

The one thing we'll need to see is how he does when the pressure is a little greater. I'd like to think it was our OL play, but the bottom line is that Maryland generated very little pass rush. There will be teams this year that generate more pressure. Let's see how Ramsey does under pressure.
I agree with the Persa comparisons. As for Ramsey under pressure, yes, that'll be the telling difference. However, him being a proven B1G performer gives me the expectation that he will handle the pressure well. It's the first year starters like Tua's brother who get rattled and pressured into mistakes, as we saw time and again. That's why no matter how good the Iowa QB is (I'm itching to write Io_a again) I think Hank will dial up the pressure on him and force him into mistakes. I'll take Ramsey.

Reactions: TheC
I agree that Ramsey was impressive, but as we have all said since Saturday, this was against Maryland.

As a reminder, Persa had completion percentages of 73.5% and 73.4% in 2010 and 2011, and won our vote for the top NU QB of the past 25 years. It's going to take a lot more than 1 game against a bad defense to convince me that Ramsey is Persa 2.0.

Does Ramsey appear to be a solid QB? Yes. Improved performance at the position compared to 2019? Most certainly. In the same conversation as one of our greatest of all-time? Not a chance.

Reactions: hdhntr1
It only took one game for the kiss of death 🙄

Peyton has several years experience as a BIG staring QB and it showed. He made good decisions and didn't get rattled when things did not go well. MD seems to have a really weak D, though.

Iowa will probably be a tougher test. When Iowa has a bad year they send starters to the NFL.

I would guess that he will be OK. It is not like he has not experienced pressure before He has more than 30 games under his belt and was better than 2 to 1 TDs over ints. He should be fine

I would like to see him throw the deep ball against Iowa. Any comparisons at this point are premature. Unless you are comparing his performance against the individual performances of 2018. If so, then Ramsey deserves the Heisman!!

I would like to see him throw the deep ball against Iowa. Any comparisons at this point are premature. Unless you are comparing his performance against the individual performances of 2018. If so, then Ramsey deserves the Heisman!!
So would I, but to whom? Do we have a legit deep threat in the WR room? There was nobody open deep or behind the defense on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT