ADVERTISEMENT

Rapolas to transfer to Colgate

Word is he never progressed in terms of actual basketball skills much beyond high school, so even if he is healthy, I think we'll end up being glad to have the scholarship slot back.

Word is he never progressed in terms of actual basketball skills much beyond high school, so even if he is healthy, I think we'll end up being glad to have the scholarship slot back.

How could he progress beyond high school? He was hurt the whole time. The guy was injured for two whole years. He not only missed games, but he was out for the overwhelming majority of practices too. He couldn’t work out, he couldn’t practice, he couldn’t play. I’m not sure how he could’ve gotten better.

How could he progress beyond high school? He was hurt the whole time. The guy was injured for two whole years. He not only missed games, but he was out for the overwhelming majority of practices too. He couldn’t work out, he couldn’t practice, he couldn’t play. I’m not sure how he could’ve gotten better.

I'm just going off of what I heard in a brief conversation with someone whose word I trust even more than yours, and I have a great deal of respect for what you do here.

I'm just going off of what I heard in a brief conversation with someone whose word I trust even more than yours, and I have a great deal of respect for what you do here.

I’m sure you did hear that. I’m just saying that there’s no way he could have improved his skills much beyond high school given his injuries and lack of time for development. It’s an unfair assessment. The kid never got a chance to show what he could do.

Hard to do that when he was never able to be healthy

Hard to do that when he was never able to be healthy

I imagine the person I talked to was well aware of his injuries given his closeness to the program. Sometimes kids just don't develop, injuries notwithstanding. It's not his fault, either the injuries or the inability to take that next step they hoped he had.

I’m sure you did hear that. I’m just saying that there’s no way he could have improved his skills much beyond high school given his injuries and lack of time for development. It’s an unfair assessment. The kid never got a chance to show what he could do.
You're both probably right. He didn't progress beyond his high school talent, but that's an entirely unfair and useless evaluation because of his injuries.

I imagine the person I talked to was well aware of his injuries given his closeness to the program. Sometimes kids just don't develop, injuries notwithstanding. It's not his fault, either the injuries or the inability to take that next step they hoped he had.
Well somehow it did not get through to you. He tore his labrum not once but twice . Each time surgery was performed, shoulder had to be immobilized for like 3 months or so before he could even start rehab and by then the muscles had atrophied so much he was starting from scratch. At least 3 months more before he could even touch a BB and another 3 or months before he could participate and a month or so more and he tore in again He had just gotten back into some shape where he could start to progress and then he tore it again. Tell me how much progress you would make under similar circumstances? Would it be fair to criticize your lack of progress?

Well somehow it did not get through to you. He tore his labrum not once but twice . Each time surgery was performed, shoulder had to be immobilized for like 3 months or so before he could even start rehab and by then the muscles had atrophied so much he was starting from scratch. At least 3 months more before he could even touch a BB and another 3 or months before he could participate and a month or so more and he tore in again He had just gotten back into some shape where he could start to progress and then he tore it again. Tell me how much progress you would make under similar circumstances? Would it be fair to criticize your lack of progress?
Exactly. The young man had tough luck with his injured shoulder. Hopefully for him another year off to rehab will allow him to have some on court success.

It's too bad he was injured. His high school and prep school body of work is pretty impressive, and his engagement on the bench always looked high. We can put him in the Larry Gorman, Nick Knapp category of guys who barely saw the court and really could have helped the program. We certainly could have used him if he were healthy. Maybe he will end up being a 6th year, mid-twenties monster like Eschmeyer. EE was a man among boys and the end of his NU career.

Reactions: mikewebb68
That's great for him. Good school, nice campus, and best of all he gets to play Bill Carmody!!!

Best wishes to Rap. He and Isiah seem to be great teammates with positive attitudes even though personally they were probably very disappointed. Hope he makes Carmody mutter under his breath that he didn't stay at NU.

It's too bad he was injured. His high school and prep school body of work is pretty impressive, and his engagement on the bench always looked high. We can put him in the Larry Gorman, Nick Knapp category of guys who barely saw the court and really could have helped the program. We certainly could have used him if he were healthy. Maybe he will end up being a 6th year, mid-twenties monster like Eschmeyer. EE was a man among boys and the end of his NU career.
An old man at that. Surprised he wasn't getting SS.

Reactions: SimpsonElmwood
You're both probably right. He didn't progress beyond his high school talent, but that's an entirely unfair and useless evaluation because of his injuries.

And yet a fact. No one is blaming the kid. But, he's probably damaged goods and if he wants to get PT somewhere, NU is probably not the place he's going to get it given where his development is at this time. Wish the kid the best of luck and hope it's better at his new school.

And yet a fact. No one is blaming the kid. But, he's probably damaged goods and if he wants to get PT somewhere, NU is probably not the place he's going to get it given where his development is at this time. Wish the kid the best of luck and hope it's better at his new school.
It also has to do with the new guys coming in and getting ahead of him that makes a change make sense. Does he get a scholly at Colgate or is that an Ivy that doesn't offer athletic shollies?

It also has to do with the new guys coming in and getting ahead of him that makes a change make sense. Does he get a scholly at Colgate or is that an Ivy that doesn't offer athletic shollies?
Colgate and other Patriot League schools offer scholarships in all sports but football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT