ADVERTISEMENT

Realoading

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
I know it is premature to think about next year but we are at a high spot right now and I was looking at the roster. It seems that we have a lot of high production players coming back next year and even as we lose CT we take up HJ.

Is this going to be the closest thing NU has had to reloading rather than rebuilding in the last 10 years?

Yes I know I have a typo in the title. but I can't figure out how the edit that.:confused:

I would argue that we've been reloading on defense for some time, but that hasn't been true on offense. If the transition from CT to HJ goes well, we will reload.

I know it is premature to think about next year but we are at a high spot right now and I was looking at the roster. It seems that we have a lot of high production players coming back next year and even as we lose CT we take up HJ.

Is this going to be the closest thing NU has had to reloading rather than rebuilding in the last 10 years?

Yes I know I have a typo in the title. but I can't figure out how the edit that.:confused:
Once again, it will all depend on our OL. We lose three starters out of five. We all saw how the second-stringers did this fall. I hate to sound like a broken record, but this remains the weak spot on the team. Year in and year out we worry about the same thing - the OL. I like this year's OL recruits and still believe Hebert might become a worthy starter, but these guys are YOUNG.

We lose Hance, Doles and Butler on the offensive line, so there will be work to be done there.

We also lose Thompson, Wyatt and Ox at DT. Carnifax might be a medical and Saunders had a really bad ankle injury. Your other 2019 DTs are Miller, Kent, and Spivak, so there is not great depth there. The 2019 DE recruits are not ready to move inside as Bawore and Gold each run about 250 right now. Olges put on a ton of weight this year, and might grow enough to play in 2019. Maybe.

Deering - look for the little wrench icon on the OP to edit the title

Last edited:
I

I would feel better if we had Rocky Lombardi! Who is better? Lombardi or Hunter Johnson?

We lose Hance, Doles and Butler on the offensive line, so there will be work to be done there.

We also lose Thompson, Wyatt and Ox at DT. Carnifax might be a medical and Saunders had a really bad ankle injury. Your other 2019 DTs are Miller, Kent, and Spivak, so there is not great depth there. The 2019 DE recruits are not ready to move inside as Bawore and Gold each run about 250 right now. Olges put on a ton of weight this year, and might grow enough to play in 2019. Maybe.

Deering - look for the little wrench icon on the OP to edit the title
The little wrench icon is your friend.

We'll have Hunter Johnson and a loaded WR corps; if we can field an OL that gives them time to work..., we could reload yes.

I'm hoping for an RB transfer too if possible to boost us for a year while Ayeni works on developing the youth we have (Bowser, Drake, and potentially whatever RB recruit he brings on: Smith?).

We'll have Hunter Johnson and a loaded WR corps; if we can field an OL that gives them time to work..., we could reload yes.

I'm hoping for an RB transfer too if possible to boost us for a year while Ayeni works on developing the youth we have (Bowser, Drake, and potentially whatever RB recruit he brings on: Smith?).

Related to this, has anyone heard how HJ has looked running the scout teams in practice? I assume this is how he is currently participating. It would be nice to hear he's performing well in that role.

In addition to the losses mentioned above, we lose our top receiver maybe our top linebacker our top cornerback and one of our starting safeties. There is a lot to replace not that it can't be done.

Does it really matter if next year's OL isn't road graders? If HJ is more mobile and a threat to be a true read option QB, my hope is an offense similar to the Kustok years. After all, an Anderson will be in the backfield.

NU might become a stronger passing team next season and frosh WRs might be starting.

The RB transfer is an encouraging thought since it seems that NU whiffed on all the top talent this year. Surprising that the opportunity to run next to HJ, the WR talent and facilities didn't attract somebody. JJTBC needs an heir. I am a big Bowser fan, but he's racking up a lot of wear and tear.

Just because you caught your own type-o doesn't mean we can't still make fun of you for it.

Besides, I want to learn how to oad for real.

Reactions: ubercat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT