ADVERTISEMENT

Retribution for Nebraska

This is a humiliating whine of epic fail proportions for the Neb AD. What a crybaby.

"I’ve got a good football team with a great football coach that deserves a break here or there to start getting back on track to being a contender in the Big Ten West.” Boo-fcking-hoo. LOL.

This is a humiliating whine of epic fail proportions for the Neb AD. What a crybaby.

"I’ve got a good football team with a great football coach that deserves a break here or there to start getting back on track to being a contender in the Big Ten West.” Boo-fcking-hoo. LOL.
The thing is they don’t have a good football team or a great Coach. The schedule makers are protecting a playoff team here.

Totally unfair! Playing both Ohio State and PSU and we get mighty Maryland in our opener and a rebuilding PSU!

WE WANT TO PLAY!!!

Oh...wait...we have to play good teams? We don't really want to play that badly. 🌽😭

They are always welcome to leave. It would further improve the already impressive academic standards of the BIG (as really every school in the conference except Nebraska is academically quite strong).

• Sad
Reactions: willycat
While their leadership has failed to show any loyalty to the Big Ten during the closing-opening of the season, their fans are among the classiest in the Big Ten. I have attended games at all the league venues except Maryland and Rutgers. Before, during and after the game, one we won in OT, Nebraska fans were friendly, welcoming and great to be around.

There are a number of other Big Ten schools I couldn't describe in the same way.

While their leadership has failed to show any loyalty to the Big Ten during the closing-opening of the season, their fans are among the classiest in the Big Ten. I have attended games at all the league venues except Maryland and Rutgers. Before, during and after the game, one we won in OT, Nebraska fans were friendly, welcoming and great to be around.

There are a number of other Big Ten schools I couldn't describe in the same way.

Well, if it weren’t for their White, I mean Husker power chant, I’d feel the same way.

Reactions: julescat

The luster of that shine is diminishing. Two trips ago was different from the previous two trips there. The last trip there we were treated rudely by a number of their fans, primarily students. Then again initially we were perceived as a door mat, now a threat.

The luster of that shine is diminishing. Two trips ago was different from the previous two trips there. The last trip there we were treated rudely by a number of their fans, primarily students. Then again initially we were perceived as a door mat, now a threat.
I too received excellent hospitality on NU’s first trip to Neb. But as you suggest, it decidedly had the genuine tone of “thank you and bless your heart for being today’s sacrificial lamb.” They we’re still gracious after we won.

But when we were still in Lincoln on Sunday morning, things were a bit strained. They seemed to be wondering if we were trying to rub it in.

Totally deserved for the asinine threat to play outside the B1G.

Pat Forde really gives it to the whiners. ..

I like the part where he points out that the schedule is identical to the nine game except they removed one game.
Annoying group

The Big Ten schedulemakers did not appreciate Frostie’s jawing. Now Nebraska’s AD is chirping.

What a bunch of pansy asses. They joined a real conference and can’t take the heat. Should have stayed on the plains!

It is amazing that UNL has fallen from its lofty perch as a program that would play anyone, anywhere. Now they are reduced to lamenting scheduling. They need to realize that the B!G is not the enemy. They are their own enemy with bad coaching hires since firing Solich.

It is amazing that UNL has fallen from its lofty perch as a program that would play anyone, anywhere. Now they are reduced to lamenting scheduling. They need to realize that the B!G is not the enemy. They are their own enemy with bad coaching hires since firing Solich.

Sad really. How far the mighty have fallen. Not quite the fall that say Army has made, but a fall nonetheless.

I suppose an explanation is indeed in order.

Back in 2000, in San Antonio, as we were rounding the corner, we stumbled into a mass of Nebraska fans coming upon us from the opposite direction. They were all deeply white as a fan base, I mean absolutely white as snow, with nary a person of any color amongst them and the majority with bright or straw blonde hair. I swear, it looked like a future Trump rally, especially with so many of them wearing red hats, which even back then elicited an aura of danger and general stupidity. And watching this massive red hatted white horde move down the street towards us and chant “Husker” and “Power” made the non-whites, and even most of the whites truth be told, in our group extremely nervous. Since we were steps away from the Alamo, we could only imagine this is how Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie felt as their impending doom came down upon them. Perhaps, wholly irrational and unfair to react this way, as none of them were otherwise particularly rude or threatening, but I guess the closest analogy is kind of like how cops seem to get nervous when there are black people jogging or walking their dogs or otherwise doing nothing particularly suspicious in the vicinity. I guess had I been armed that day, some might find a way to not fault me for shooting a Husker fan in the back seven times for nothing.

That frightening experience and the subsequent 66-17 drubbing runs foul in my mouth in way I won’t forget. It’s also why I have a particular distaste for the red MAGA hat. Brings back unpleasant memories.

True story.

Last edited:

Back in 2000, in San Antonio, as we were rounding the corner, we stumbled into a mass of Nebraska fans coming upon us from the opposite direction. They were all deeply white as a fan base, I mean absolutely white as snow, with nary a person of any color amongst them and the majority with bright or straw blonde hair. I swear, it looked like a future Trump rally, especially with so many of them wearing red hats, which even back then elicited an aura of danger and general stupidity. And watching this massive red hatted white horde move down the street towards us and chant “Husker” and “Power” made the non-whites, and even most of the whites truth be told, in our group extremely nervous. Since we were steps away from the Alamo, we could only imagine this is how Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie felt as their impending doom came down upon them. Perhaps, wholly irrational and unfair to react this way, as none of them were otherwise particularly rude or threatening, but I guess the closest analogy is kind of like how cops seem to get nervous when there are black people jogging or walking their dogs or otherwise doing nothing particularly suspicious in the vicinity. I guess had I been armed that day, some might find a way to not fault me for shooting a Husker fan in the back seven times for nothing.

That frightening experience and the subsequent 66-17 drubbing runs foul in my mouth in way I won’t forget. It’s also why I have a particular distaste for the red MAGA hat. Brings back unpleasant memories.

True story.
What?

Reactions: phatcat

still send them packing back to the Little 8! I'd bet if NU would best their asses 10 straight they wouldn't be so friendly!

I just returned from a trip deep into Husker territory. I sported my black NU baseball cap with the narrow block "N", thinking I could fool the locals in Scottsbluff that I was not an intruder. The owner of the property where I stayed, The Monument Inn & Suites (excellent place, btw!), was not at all fooled. But some Trump-loving types driving up and down Broadway St in a Silverado trailing a large, billowing Old Glory one evening as we dined on the sidewalk in front of Flyover Brewery (also very good) saluted me with a fist pump.

True story.

Nebraska, Kansas and the farm/ranch states have a lot of farmers and ranchers that are predominately Caucasian. That's the history. Nothing evil. When you go to China it has a lot of Chinese. Why does every conversation these days have a racial angle?

Nebraska was never particularly loved in the Big 8. Mostly because they won, won big and flooded the opponent's stadiums. Just as arrogant then. When they started to lose to the Texas teams plus Oklahoma in the Big 12, the belief was that they took their ball and ran to the Big Ten. Their current whining is following form.

Last edited:
Reactions: phatcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT