ADVERTISEMENT

Returning wrestlers

CatFanEd

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2001
What seniors and grad students will be returning next year. Does anyone know?

What seniors and grad students will be returning next year. Does anyone know?
I asked this same question of wrassler a few weeks ago, and he thought the only one not returning was Deakin. My question was actually related to the fact that I couldn't find any new recruits coming in for the 2022 - 2023 team. Do you know anything about that?

I asked this same question of wrassler a few weeks ago, and he thought the only one not returning was Deakin. My question was actually related to the fact that I couldn't find any new recruits coming in for the 2022 - 2023 team. Do you know anything about that?
I think we will only have one scholarship available which was Deakin’s! We have a real tough kid named Max Mayfield who may get the spot or we have another tough kid who wrestled 57 a few times last year and was solid! Very deep team next year with Davison a title contender as are a few others!

Reactions: mountaindrew
I also have been wondering if Deakin will continue to wrestle with the Wildcat Club and be part of the coaching team. I know they are in the market for another coach.

Reactions: Titanium999
I also have been wondering if Deakin will continue to wrestle with the Wildcat Club and be part of the coaching team. I know they are in the market for another coach.
That would be great, in my opinion, if it happens.

Yahya Thomas just takes 5th at U23 World Championships. Wrestled Yazdani to 1 point match in semis. Beat Pan Am Senior Champion and U23 Euro Silver to get to semis. Yazdani beat James Green and Jordan Oliver. Big thing, Thomas didn't gas in any matches! If he has his gas tank right this year he will push for a title. Cornell kid isn't better than Yazdani on his feet

Are there any transfers inbound for wrestling?

I mean if I was a collegiate wrestler and had a chance for a Top 10 Education at a Top 10 grappling program, I’d be all in.

Unless you want a virtually guaranteed national championship as a team, in which case you’d go to Penn State’s death star.

Yahya Thomas just takes 5th at U23 World Championships. Wrestled Yazdani to 1 point match in semis. Beat Pan Am Senior Champion and U23 Euro Silver to get to semis. Yazdani beat James Green and Jordan Oliver. Big thing, Thomas didn't gas in any matches! If he has his gas tank right this year he will push for a title. Cornell kid isn't better than Yazdani on his feet
The Cornell kid is a 3x NCAA Champ who only lost once in college and just finished with a senior world 🌎 silver medal 🥈! He is utterly amazing 🤩! Thomas can win a title at 57! Gonna be tough at 49!

Reactions: mountaindrew
The Cornell kid is a 3x NCAA Champ who only lost once in college and just finished with a senior world 🌎 silver medal 🥈! He is utterly amazing 🤩! Thomas can win a title at 57! Gonna be tough at 49!
True. Great wrestler. Yazdani was Senior World Silver as well at 65kg and beats the kid that beat Yianni. It will at least be interesting if they wrestle. I'm rooting for Cats only! 😅

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT