ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Lees - NU Bright Spot in a tough year......

Riley was a bright spot all around. His contributions as a returner and as an offensive weapon was indeed a bright spot in a dismal year. Looking forward to next year when he'll have more opportunities (hopefully) to showcase his skills.

When you're throwing the ball about a dozen times a game, as we did in the last two, nobody is going to get a lot of yardage.
Mostly commenting on the putrid offense, not on Leesus’ performance.

riley caught every catch-able pass thrown to him except one vs ohio state.

he was a bright spot for this team...

btw, flynn nagel had 48 receptions & 2 TD's his junior year with thorsen throwing to him.

riley is set up for big things next year...

And Austin Carr had 16 receptions and 2 TDs the year before he morphed into one of the best receivers in the nation.

And Austin Carr had 16 receptions and 2 TDs the year before he morphed into one of the best receivers in the nation.

And then there is this guy:

Sophomore: 5 games, 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TDs
Junior: 9 games, 1 reception, 6 yards, 0 TDs
Senior: 13 games, 91 receptions, 858 yards, 3 TDs

Reactions: ricko654321
btw, flynn nagel had 48 receptions & 2 TD's his junior year with thorsen throwing to him.

I think that is entirely possible.

NU has to get much better numbers from their WR room next year. Over twice as much. To be clear, I am not blaming Riley, but his numbers are not strong for a WR1. Next year, will improved QB play and a new OC, I think they have a chance to jump up.

I think that is entirely possible.

NU has to get much better numbers from their WR room next year. Over twice as much. To be clear, I am not blaming Riley, but his numbers are not strong for a WR1. Next year, will improved QB play and a new OC, I think they have a chance to jump up.

Barring injury, the new OC will have some decent talent to work with. Lees, RCB, JJ Jefferson, Holman, Washington, James, McGowan are all veterans now. Add in Skoworonek (hopefully), ARY, GHP, Kirtz, and others, and we really can't complain about lack of talent at that position.

Barring injury, the new OC will have some decent talent to work with. Lees, RCB, JJ Jefferson, Holman, Washington, James, McGowan are all veterans now. Add in Skoworonek (hopefully), ARY, GHP, Kirtz, and others, and we really can't complain about lack of talent at that position.

We can't?

Reactions: DarthCat
Tough to call <40 ypg a bright spot. Tallest midget.
Absolutely absurd. Riley was far and away our best skill position player on offense. 51 catches with 3 very bad quarterbacks throwing to him was amazing. Nobody else was even close. Plus he was an excellent kick returner and had some very nice run backs. Some have suggested that he will be better next year. That will happen only if we have a good quarterback and a much better OC.

Reactions: mmca
I think Riley would say he can do better.
He can do better only if he has a decent quarterback and a good new OC. It's very tough to throw the ball and catch it your self! He was the only bright spot on a bad offense this year (0-line excluded).

So if we get someone in there who can consistently spread the field deep.....Riley will really increase his catches........Also why do people think none of our highly recruited receivers did not see any time other than Washington. Hooper Price and Kirtz specifically.... When Ben Skowronik went down there really was no one with size to run a variety of patterns that Ben ran.....maybe Chiaokhiao-Bowman a little bit.

we say this literally every offseason

Reactions: epicbret
we say this literally every offseason

Totally true, and it drives me crazy. I'm hoping the new OC will get results from our WR group, but I cringe every year when I read that our WR corps is deeper and more talented than any before it (even if that's true), because we rarely see that on the field. I'd like to see 2+ receivers with good numbers in a given year. We rarely see even that.

Reactions: NUCat320
Riley and his family are featured in the most recent Foundation.

I just flat out love this team and the culture Fitz has built. I hope you guys really appreciate it as fans because it is very, very unique in college sports. It’s genuine and special.

We do.

We also knew it was time to move on from McCall. As did Fitz. Hope Riley has a monster season in the new system.

Side note, in that Foundation video Big Earn was still in an arm sling. Wishing for a fast and full recovery, he'll be needed to help replace Gazilla.

He is athletic but I remain somewhat disappointed in his underperforming stats.
His quickness was close to Soloman Vault but neither knew how to run routes good enough to set up a DB.
Maybe a new OC will teach him to improve on this otherwise im concerned Springer will limit Riley next year and that Riley will continue to get little separation.

He is athletic but I remain somewhat disappointed in his underperforming stats.
His quickness was close to Soloman Vault but neither knew how to run routes good enough to set up a DB.
Maybe a new OC will teach him to improve on this otherwise im concerned Springer will limit Riley next year and that Riley will continue to get little separation.
This is such utter nonsense I won't dignify it with a response.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT