ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Army Bowl practice videos...

Katatonic

Oct 23, 2004
Not sure if these were already posted up elsewhere.

Earnest Brown appears a few times in each video.

And an older video on EB.

Not sure how accurate this is, but EB has been listed recently at 240 lbs.

If Brown can pack on 10-12 more lbs by the start of next season, can't see how the staff keeps him off the field (esp. since if he is that good, probably won't stick around for a 5th year).

The talk about the staff wanting to beef him up all the way up to 275 lbs is interesting; don't want EB to lose too much of his speed and at his current weight seems to have good strength already (thinking 260-265 lbs is probably more likely, but who knows?).

If Brown can pack on 10-12 more lbs by the start of next season, can't see how the staff keeps him off the field (esp. since if he is that good, probably won't stick around for a 5th year).

The talk about the staff wanting to beef him up all the way up to 275 lbs is interesting; don't want EB to lose too much of his speed and at his current weight seems to have good strength already (thinking 260-265 lbs is probably more likely, but who knows?).

He seems like he could carry 275 quite easily and has to get a LOT stronger.

Though he has an extremely high ceiling, both Miller and Kent are probably closer to being college ready right now.

Michigan, Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma all trying to turn him. No way. From another site:

“I just tell them I’m sticking with Northwestern.”

Ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 8 strong-side defensive end, the 6-foot-5, 240-pound Brown has been committed to Pat Fitzgerald and the Wildcats since March.

“Because I get to keep my scholarship if I get injured and the coaches actually care about your academics and that’s number one for me.”

Planning to study business, Brown looks forward to taking advantage of being in Chicago while also playing for Fitzgerald and his staff.

He seems like he could carry 275 quite easily and has to get a LOT stronger.

Though he has an extremely high ceiling, both Miller and Kent are probably closer to being college ready right now.

Of course, EB needs to get stronger, but at his current weight, seems to have good functional strength.

Maybe Brown can get to 275 lbs w/o losing much speed/flexibility, but don't think playing at 265 would be a problem if he has good functional strength.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT