ADVERTISEMENT

Rod Heard to portal

Guess he wants nil money according to one of his old teammates.
Seems like @phatcat isn't donating as much to TrueNU as he says he is. C’mon phatty. </s>

I’m assuming Heard has his degree, and now he’ll get paid and likely gain exposure. Good for him. A Great Cat.

Last edited:
Reactions: KappaKat
Seems like @phatcat isn't donating as much to TrueNU as he says he is. C’mon phatty. </s>

I’m assuming Heard has his degree, and now he’ll get paid and likely gain exposure. Good for him. A Great Cat.
My donation was a drop in the bucket, although 2x my typical donation. Waiting for my pal Pat Ryan to step up.

That Northwestern diploma just might hold the team together.

We seem to be losing guys who have graduated, know they can play at a high level and have that Covid year.

When Covid year finally disappears, NCAA will probably face legal challenges to their "4 years of eligibility" rule.

But NU will be forced into a corner where the only transfers we can pick up are grad students with eligibility from redshirts... and underclassmen who have good grades but less than 2 years of credits.

That Northwestern diploma just might hold the team together.

We seem to be losing guys who have graduated, know they can play at a high level and have that Covid year.

When Covid year finally disappears, NCAA will probably face legal challenges to their "4 years of eligibility" rule.

But NU will be forced into a corner where the only transfers we can pick up are grad students with eligibility from redshirts... and underclassmen who have good grades but less than 2 years of credits.

And many of our good players choose to spend their fifth year elsewhere while bad players stick around four years to get said degree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT