ADVERTISEMENT

Rod Heard

And Rondale Moore is the same size. But we've had some great offensive high school players at DB, i.e Campbell and Godwin

1) Moore is listed at 5-9 175 on the Purdue roster (HERE) and 5-8.5 174 at a Nike Opening camp before his senior year (HERE).

2) If you can't see the difference in body composition between Moore and Heard, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
He's been recruited exclusively as a CB by NU. Kid is only 5-10 160.

I talked to Rod yesterday. He says he’s more like 5-11, 170 now, but GCG’s point stands. He will play CB at NU. He played both ways at Farmington Harrison this year, and played quite a bit of QB, as well, just running the read-option all day.

And Rondale Moore is the same size. But we've had some great offensive high school players at DB, i.e Campbell and Godwin

It’s not just about height and weight but also how all of that is put together. Take a look at a full length picture of Moore in uniform next to a full length picture of Heard. The difference will become very obvious.

I talked to Rod yesterday. He says he’s more like 5-11, 170 now, but GCG’s point stands. He will play CB at NU. He played both ways at Farmington Harrison this year, and played quite a bit of QB, as well, just running the read-option all day.

The 5-10 160 is the height/weight on his official signing day profile.

played quite a bit of QB, as well, just running the read-option all day.
Communist!!

No, Fitz called the RPO communism in its purest form (whatever that means). Heard was running the read-option, which is going to be a run — the only question is who is going to run it. When Heard was playing QB, Harrison was running the ball. He was basically a Wildcat QB.

Last edited:
thanks for the intel!

1) Moore is listed at 5-9 175 on the Purdue roster (HERE) and 5-8.5 174 at a Nike Opening camp before his senior year (HERE).

2) If you can't see the difference in body composition between Moore and Heard, I'm not sure what to tell you.
I'm not disagreeing with you and i stand corrected on the size listing...my error.. My point was that we have had some outstanding backs from the offense recruited as defensive backs that came here and played strictly defense...the two I mentioned in my original statement. I',m not a football maven like GCG, played in high school against Leroy Kelly (he was a skinny QB then but filled out to become a HOF from the Browns), and have been a STH since '95. And thank you for pointing out the differences that I failed to see. Never too old to learn.

Reactions: NJCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT