ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Padgett 1985 Rose bowl guard

Shaggy-dog story with very little payoff and the most tenuous Padgett connection. As part of a remodel, I was moving loose insulation in my attic. Realized a leaf blower would be much more efficient. Donned full head-to-toe coverage and safety goggles and went after it. Leaf blower in one hand, flashlight in the other. A densifying haze of fiberglass filaments reflected more and more of the light. I realized I had no idea of my physical location in the attic. Just then I fell through the sheetrock into my master bedroom, catching splinters - which really were more serrated daggers than slivers - as I tried to stop my fall. Two pierced my hand. Couldn't get them out, even with pliers. Went to the ER wearing my Northwestern shirt. There's a long wait. Finally I'm seen by some rando doc. He sees my shirt and says, "hey, have you heard of a guy from the Rose Bowl team named Ryan Padgett?" Of course I have. "He's the ER attending doc right now and should be seeing you, but it's super busy so they called me in."

Aaaaaaand scene.

Shaggy-dog story with very little payoff and the most tenuous Padgett connection. As part of a remodel, I was moving loose insulation in my attic. Realized a leaf blower would be much more efficient. Donned full head-to-toe coverage and safety goggles and went after it. Leaf blower in one hand, flashlight in the other. A densifying haze of fiberglass filaments reflected more and more of the light. I realized I had no idea of my physical location in the attic. Just then I fell through the sheetrock into my master bedroom, catching splinters - which really were more serrated daggers than slivers - as I tried to stop my fall. Two pierced my hand. Couldn't get them out, even with pliers. Went to the ER wearing my Northwestern shirt. There's a long wait. Finally I'm seen by some rando doc. He sees my shirt and says, "hey, have you heard of a guy from the Rose Bowl team named Ryan Padgett?" Of course I have. "He's the ER attending doc right now and should be seeing you, but it's super busy so they called me in."

Aaaaaaand scene.
Wow! I'm just not sure how bad the virus is! If it is letgal, we may have a collapse of the world economy. I don't think anyone knows for sure. I think it may be more dangerous than the flu,but am not sure yet!

Wow! I'm just not sure how bad the virus is! If it is letgal, we may have a collapse of the world economy. I don't think anyone knows for sure. I think it may be more dangerous than the flu,but am not sure yet!
Wrassler the world economy has already collapsed. Dust off those unsold copies of Emotional Cord Therapy and get ready to barter them for toilet paper and Snickers.

Looks like Trump is applying some emotional cord therapy to WHO now. Who needs third world "shithole" countries anyway.

medicine-clipart-medicine-man-5.png

Glad he's on the mend. One of my all time favorites at NU. Still remember his ear to ear smile, coming off the field after The Cats beat TSISB in '95!!! A day to remember during all this. Everyone stay well.

After being cast aside by that TSISB late in the recruiting process you bet Padgett was smiling. He personified the physical toughness of that 1995 OL. And he had the last laugh after all.

So glad he is recovering and will presumably resume his service to those in need of his knowledge and wisdom in the art of healing.

GOUNUII

After being cast aside by that TSISB late in the recruiting process you bet Padgett was smiling. He personified the physical toughness of that 1995 OL. And he had the last laugh after all.

So glad he is recovering and will presumably resume his service to those in need of his knowledge and wisdom in the art of healing.

GOUNUII
Amen. Ryan, I believe, was named the NU MVP in that Rose Bowl game, while Keyshawn Johnson got the nod for USC. By the time of the Rose Bowl game, Ryan had already been accepted at the University of Washington Medical School.

I had a real bad case of the flu during the rose bowl season. Just nasty for three weeks or so! Older,sicker people are vulnerable to the flu,and other issues. Every ER in the country sees this on a daily basis. Wait till the temperature reaches 70 degrees. Totally different story,I speculate! Just not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT