ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano making friends

1. You out your second team out there and let them execute some runs. No problem. Watch the clip of Schiano watching the play, he was clearly watching his second unit’s execution closely and had to restrain himself from a fist pump for the good play as the clock expired.

2. Howard coach used timeouts to extend the game late. Don’t extend the game in a blowout and whine.

1. You out your second team out there and let them execute some runs. No problem. Watch the clip of Schiano watching the play, he was clearly watching his second unit’s execution closely and had to restrain himself from a fist pump for the good play as the clock expired.

2. Howard coach used timeouts to extend the game late. Don’t extend the game in a blowout and whine.
1. He may not of fist pumped but he sure has hell vigorously clapped. I am ok running plays up until the very last one where it was to me rubbing it in.

2. He was losing by a million. Trying to score there rather than giving up at least sends a message to the kids to keep trying.

At least in the first half I thought Howard gave Rutgers a game. Better than I expected, with good athletes but just a bit unlucky. Second half I guess from the score not so much.

Howard coach is getting his team ready for future games. It is reasonable to get as many plays for his guys as he can against a tough team. He is telling his guys something.

Schiano's move? Questionable but at least he did not have first team in (line, QB? All it mentioned was RB) And he did not call for a pass so 50:50 whether it was a dick move. Worst would have been if he kicked a FG

Last edited:
getting his team ready for future games. It is reasonable to get as many plays for his guys as he can against a tough team
Presumably, he would then want actual plays and not victory formation.

At least my pal PJ lost, painfully. Schadenfreude

Reactions: FanatiCat
Presumably, he would then want actual plays and not victory formation.

At least my pal PJ lost, painfully. Schadenfreude
Did not see the game. If Howard di not run plays then time outs were out of line and he gets what he deserves

Howard went for it on 4th and 9 on their own 31, trailing 38-7.
Rutgers got the ball with 15 seconds left at the 31..
Any coach with class takes a knee there.

Running for 20 yards on first down, going out of bounds, then running another play for a TD is "no class."

Unless the other team forfeits, there’s still a game to play. Go Greg Go

schiano has always struck me as a douchebag. A level below the Franklins, Flecks and Hardballs. However, in the same tier as Fickel, Ruehl and that new dude in Indiana catching up fast. Boy, the B1G has a lot of jerks at the helm of their football programs .

Reactions: No Chores
schiano has always struck me as a douchebag. A level below the Franklins, Flecks and Hardballs. However, in the same tier as Fickel, Ruehl and that new dude in Indiana catching up fast. Boy, the B1G has a lot of jerks at the helm of their football programs .
Well, I knew Schiano had left Rutgers in 2012 - I always thought it was under duress.
But I just did some reading and according to Schiano, he bailed on Rutgers in January 2012 because he thought conference re-alignment would hurt the program.. He went straight to the Tampa Bay Bucs head coaching job.

One year into that NFL job, Rutgers left the Big East and joined the Big Ten.

Here's what he had to say about that...

"They called me from Rutgers and said, ‘Guess what? We just got invited to the Big Ten.’ I did my best to be excited for them. But I hung up the phone and literally started crying. Because that’s what I had dreamt of."

In a different story relating to Schiano's days at Penn State, Mike McQueary testified that a colleague at Penn State told him that Greg Schiano had come into his office "white as a ghost" and reported that he'd just witnessed Jerry Sandusky doing something to a boy in the shower. Schiano denies the incident.

Well, I knew Schiano had left Rutgers in 2012 - I always thought it was under duress.
But I just did some reading and according to Schiano, he bailed on Rutgers in January 2012 because he thought conference re-alignment would hurt the program.. He went straight to the Tampa Bay Bucs head coaching job.

One year into that NFL job, Rutgers left the Big East and joined the Big Ten.

Here's what he had to say about that...

"They called me from Rutgers and said, ‘Guess what? We just got invited to the Big Ten.’ I did my best to be excited for them. But I hung up the phone and literally started crying. Because that’s what I had dreamt of."

In a different story relating to Schiano's days at Penn State, Mike McQueary testified that a colleague at Penn State told him that Greg Schiano had come into his office "white as a ghost" and reported that he'd just witnessed Jerry Sandusky doing something to a boy in the shower. Schiano denies the incident.

A simple kneel down would have ended the game. Running one play ok, but rushed to the line to run the second play was a dick move.

Schiano is the same guy that Tom Coughlin went after when his defense bill rushed the Giants when Eli Manning was taking a knee!

Howard went for it on 4th and 9 on their own 31, trailing 38-7.
Rutgers got the ball with 15 seconds left at the 31..
Any coach with class takes a knee there.

Running for 20 yards on first down, going out of bounds, then running another play for a TD is "no class."
If that was done then you are right. Classless move

Howard coach is getting his team ready for future games. It is reasonable to get as many plays for his guys as he can against a tough team. He is telling his guys something.

Schiano's move? Questionable but at least he did not have first team in (line, QB? All it mentioned was RB) And he did not call for a pass so 50:50 whether it was a dick move. Worst would have been if he kicked a FG
Schiano is also preparing his team for future games. He didn’t bust out a play action pass here, he’s just running the ball and you’re getting bulldozed by his second unit.

Schiano is also preparing his team for future games. He didn’t bust out a play action pass here, he’s just running the ball and you’re getting bulldozed by his second unit.
Sorry but you gotta ask yourself. Do you want your coach doing that in that situation? If the answer is no which for most of us it likely would be then it probably is something you should not do

Sorry but you gotta ask yourself. Do you want your coach doing that in that situation? If the answer is no which for most of us it likely would be then it probably is something you should not do
I’d prefer to just knee the ball and go home, but not for sportsmanship reasons, for health reasons. I also don’t think it’s anything to whine about, especially if you’re calling timeouts.

Reactions: NUCat320
A simple kneel down would have ended the game. Running one play ok, but rushed to the line to run the second play was a dick move.

Schiano is the same guy that Tom Coughlin went after when his defense bill rushed the Giants when Eli Manning was taking a knee!
Tom Coughlin is not exactly a man known for many friends either

Reactions: NUCat320
1. He may not of fist pumped but he sure has hell vigorously clapped. I am ok running plays up until the very last one where it was to me rubbing it in.

2. He was losing by a million. Trying to score there rather than giving up at least sends a message to the kids to keep trying.
The Howard coach is a baby. Schiano just showed them the Jersey way!

Last play seemed unnecessary, but hey it meant covering the spread.
Hope Braun is more like Schiano in that regards. It’s not Schiano’s job to stop them. Play 40 minutes and stop bitching.

I don’t expect other teams to let up if they are up big. If we don’t like them scoring so much them do something to stop them.

Reactions: CatManTrue
Hope Braun is more like Schiano in that regards. It’s not Schiano’s job to stop them. Play 40 minutes and stop bitching.

I don’t expect other teams to let up if they are up big. If we don’t like them scoring so much them do something to stop them.

Well there's classy and there's bush league.
You can pick whichever you want.

That "argument" you make is pathetic though. You have clearly never coached kids sports.

Thankfully most teams let up when they are crushing their opponent. The ones that don't are coached by asshol*s.

Reactions: ricko654321
Well there's classy and there's bush league.
You can pick whichever you want.

That "argument" you make is pathetic though. You have clearly never coached kids sports.

Thankfully most teams let up when they are crushing their opponent. The ones that don't are coached by asshol*s.
This isn’t pop Warner. Sure if they are 12 year olds, take a knee. In college football you go for style points because that’s what’s needed for the CFP.

I’d prefer to just knee the ball and go home, but not for sportsmanship reasons, for health reasons. I also don’t think it’s anything to whine about, especially if you’re calling timeouts.
Were they calling timeouts on D at that point after they had turned over the ball? If not sorry but still a bad look

Reactions: ricko654321
This isn’t pop Warner. Sure if they are 12 year olds, take a knee. In college football you go for style points because that’s what’s needed for the CFP.
I actually watched the last part of the game on the 60 minute version. Howard called timeout when they had the ball trying to get a first down but then they went 4 and out. Rutgers ran the ball and at the end the guy ran out of bounds so clock stopped. Sorry but the last play was pointless and a tacky call

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT