ADVERTISEMENT

Schill booed at NZone pep rally

My man on the scene at the House of Blues NZone Pep Rally informs me that Michael Schill was introduced at this pep rally and was booed loudly with about 75% participation from the assembled NU fans.
Can anyone else confirm?
I was there and was amongst those booing, but I was definitely not the only one doing it. I also might have said “Resign” rather loudly at one point…

Last edited:
Best what???
NU as an institution can be selective in hiring a president and strive for the best as it is a prestigious position. He ain't the best...

I doubt the booing will influence any change at NU, but some of these BOT egos might think otherwise as it reflects on them. The president's lack of due diligence with Fitz will cost the university.

NU as an institution can be selective in hiring a president and strive for the best as it is a prestigious position. He ain't the best...

I doubt the booing will influence any change at NU, but some of these BOT egos might think otherwise as it reflects on them. The president's lack of due diligence with Fitz will cost the university.
IMO while he should be gone for his handling of this, he is unlikely to be unless an unmistakable drop in donations causes the BOT to take action

Reactions: Pasadena Bound
I had a chance to briefly speak with President Schill at the NZone Pregame event. I conveyed my personal appreciation to him for the statement he had made coming out in support of the Jewish students on campus as contrasted to what some of the Ivy League Presidents had said.

I had a chance to briefly speak with President Schill at the NZone Pregame event. I conveyed my personal appreciation to him for the statement he had made coming out in support of the Jewish students on campus as contrasted to what some of the Ivy League Presidents had said.
You had an opportunity to speak with him and you used the opportunity to praise him?

IMO while he should be gone for his handling of this, he is unlikely to be unless an unmistakable drop in donations causes the BOT to take action
I think he could be gone if they have to stroke a check to Fitz for $50 million.

If I’m Fitz, and NU proposes a settlement, I make any agfresment include a stipulation that Schill be fired.

For perspective, in fiscal year 2022 NU's revenue was something north of $2.6 billion, maybe approaching $2.9 billion. Over $1 billion in grants received. The athletic department revenue of approx $110 million is quite small potatoes. We on this board see things with higher priority on athletics than others, including the BOT.

Just a thought.

I actually think he's handled the events of the mideast quite well as evidenced by the fact he's getting heat from both sides.

Let's be honest, the Gaza situation makes the Fitzgerald situation seem quite trivial.
No

For perspective, in fiscal year 2022 NU's revenue was something north of $2.6 billion, maybe approaching $2.9 billion. Over $1 billion in grants received. The athletic department revenue of approx $110 million is quite small potatoes. We on this board see things with higher priority on athletics than others, including the BOT.

Just a thought.
Athletics is the front porch of the school. Schill is in over his head. No way he can stay

Reactions: ricko654321
What’s happened since first not issuing a statement, and then issuing a statement about not issuing a statement?

The ad, for what it’s worth, *could* have been about Utah as much as NU. (Or was it different from what’s been posted above?) I watched on delay so skipped all commercials.

This thread needs photos:

mmkq6dandrnu.jpeg

3m4qeib9y6yw.jpeg

0v4x7k6rl55h.jpeg

Reactions: rmndcat and drewjin
The thread needs sound to go with these photos
I actually have a 20 second sound clip as President Schill begins his speech. but I would have to create a YouTube Video to post it.

It is interesting to watch the cheerleaders on the sides going into full cheering action as they swing their pompoms in an attempt to distract those booing.

This was my recorded narrative as he attempted to speak over the crowd noise:

"... joining me now at the N Zone (indecipherable) at The House of Blues. Know what a special occasion this is as Northwestern prepared to play in the first bowl game since 2021 at the Las Vegas Bowl."

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
I actually have a 20 second sound clip as President Schill begins his speech. but I would have to create a YouTube Video to post it.

It is interesting to watch the cheerleaders on the sides going into full cheering action as they swing their pompoms in an attempt to distract those booing.

This was my recorded narrative as he attempted to speak over the crowd noise:

"... joining me now at the N Zone (indecipherable) at The House of Blues. Know what a special occasion this is as Northwestern prepared to play in the first bowl game since 2021 at the Las Vegas Bowl."
So can you make it a YouTube video and post it? Sorry, not sure how much effort is involved!

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT