ADVERTISEMENT

Screamer

Damn just heard her. Very annoying.

Me too. Normally would not have an issue with a fan cheering and making noise, but she needs a new approach.

I think she’s the reason they were terrible last year and until we muzzle her, we’re going to struggle. She’s a jinx. We were a tournament team — until she shows up.

Can’t somebody - the Daily Northwestern, Lou V, Inside NU, somebody, anybody!!! sit her down and interview her and show her the tapes and ask her how it feels to have a voice that’s fingernails on a blackboard to the entire NU fanbase?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I didn't hear this screaming once.

Reactions: PurpleHaze525
Never heard her on TV. Then again, I just went to an audiologist yesterday and found out I have some significant hearing loss. Didn't think it was great news, but I guess this is a silver lining.

Never heard her on TV. Then again, I just went to an audiologist yesterday and found out I have some significant hearing loss. Didn't think it was great news, but I guess this is a silver lining.
I heard her on TV all night long. I can't even imagine how annoying it would be in person. Sometimes passion is misdirected. This is one of those cases.

?? I think it’s great to have someone able to annoy our opponents single handedly. Now let me tell you about the guy two rows back at football games who runs a loud non stop critical commentary of our football coaches. Win or lose. Really destroys anyone’s enjoyment of the game..at least mine and my neighbors.

Reactions: Fitz51
?? I think it’s great to have someone able to annoy our opponents single handedly. Now let me tell you about the guy two rows back at football games who runs a loud non stop critical commentary of our football coaches. Win or lose. Really destroys anyone’s enjoyment of the game..at least mine and my neighbors.
I’m sorry. I’ll try to be better.

We need enthusiastic fans who show up every game and cheer their team on...but like, only in the way that I like and I approve of...

Reactions: Kelly_32
We need enthusiastic fans who show up every game and cheer their team on...but like, only in the way that I like and I approve of...

This same discussion came up in the football board last year at some point, too, I think. It sucked there as well.

Fortunately she should be a senior. And for those who can’t hear her, once you do you won’t be able to tune her out. I don’t mind it during opposing free throws, but aside from that it’s on both offense and defense. Her friends are classic enablers.

Fortunately she should be a senior. And for those who can’t hear her, once you do you won’t be able to tune her out. I don’t mind it during opposing free throws, but aside from that it’s on both offense and defense. Her friends are classic enablers.

There is the option to ask ushers to tell her to shut the **** up.

I was thinking that the only thing I could think of as annoying as her was that guy who used to beat heckler at Washington Bullets games decades ago that even managed to get under Michael Jordan’s skin.

Love her or hate her, she’s a legend. Doesn’t have to say a word before no one can stop talking about her.

Reactions: Noah121
I was thinking that the only thing I could think of as annoying as her was that guy who used to beat heckler at Washington Bullets games decades ago that even managed to get under Michael Jordan’s skin.

The infamous heckler was Robin Ficker, an attorney, that still supports unusual causes and runs for office in the Maryland suburbs every year.

The best Robin Ficker story was when Charles Barkley hired and flew him to the NBA finals to harass the Chicago Bulls

I fully support her screaming. It is fantastic. I sat in 108 (closer to 109) and it was extremely noticeable to me but it thoroughly affected the New Orleans bench as they (even the coach) looked over in utter annoyance. The New Orleans players were not only sitting in close range and annoyed but she is so close to the court (Unlike Allstate) that she clearly affected the Free Throws. New Orleans was less than 50% on free throws and it was obvious her screams were a disturbance. They actually only shot 35% on her side.

This will be CRUCIAL in a tight Bigten game. Anyone who bleeds purple and wants our Emily to be muzzled should just stay home. She will be responsible for 2 wins this year and Im sure Turk will annoint her the 6th Man.

I fully support her screaming. It is fantastic. I sat in 108 (closer to 109) and it was extremely noticeable to me but it thoroughly affected the New Orleans bench as they (even the coach) looked over in utter annoyance. The New Orleans players were not only sitting in close range and annoyed but she is so close to the court (Unlike Allstate) that she clearly affected the Free Throws. New Orleans was less than 50% on free throws and it was obvious her screams were a disturbance. They actually only shot 35% on her side.

This will be CRUCIAL in a tight Bigten game. Anyone who bleeds purple and wants our Emily to be muzzled should just stay home. She will be responsible for 2 wins this year and Im sure Turk will annoint her the 6th Man.
I actually wouldn't mind it so much if she limited it to free throws.

I sat above the student section, and I could definitely hear her.
Maybe if more then half of the arena would show up and make some noise she wouldn't stand out as much. Seriously it sounded like a funeral home. Yes, I know they were playing New Orleans but still it was the opening game and the noise from the new place was zero. Maybe they need to add a couple of thousand more seats.

They are already at home complaining about the students that do NOT show up.

Maybe if more then half of the arena would show up and make some noise she wouldn't stand out as much. Seriously it sounded like a funeral home. Yes, I know they were playing New Orleans but still it was the opening game and the noise from the new place was zero. Maybe they need to add a couple of thousand more seats.
Were you in one of those seats yesterday?

Reactions: ubercat
the paid attendance was 6788. I doubt there were 3,000. The whole row in front of me was empty. No noice, really. Not sure why you insist on more seats?
You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still the lame fans although now they are complaining about a fan that screams.
This isnt a funeral parlor, library, or movie theater. Maybe if 5 other fans cheered that would resolve the so called Emily question.
She is our #1 Fan....hopefully Phillips leaves her alone.

the paid attendance was 6788. I doubt there were 3,000. The whole row in front of me was empty. No noice, really. Not sure why you insist on more seats?
You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still the lame fans although now they are complaining about a fan that screams.
This isnt a funeral parlor, library, or movie theater. Maybe if 5 other fans cheered that would resolve the so called Emily question.
She is our #1 Fan....hopefully Phillips leaves her alone.
Do you and Turk have seats together? :rolleyes:

Reactions: ubercat
ADVERTISEMENT