ADVERTISEMENT

Seasons tickets

Has anybody heard anything in respect to the upcoming season?
I got an email a few weeks ago (early February). Basically said they are delaying renewals for an unspecified amount of time.

The gist of the mail I received was:
  • Hey, Simpson. We will reach out to you with a ST update when we know what's up. In the meantime, here's your balance (I just had them hold it).
  • I said thanks - take $x and put it into the Wildcat Fund and keep $(original balance minus x) as a credit for this year's tickets.
Can't wait to see a game. Nothing like an early season game especially after a year away.

So, I was contacted via email a couple of weeks ago. I had paid for my ST for 2020 season and left the funds with the Athletic department. They asked me if I wanted a refund, to donate the funds to the Wildcat fund or apply the funds to 2021 season tix. I told them to apply the funds to the 2021 season tix. Have not heard anything since. They did say that no matter what I did I would not lose my seats for the upcoming season.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Last week, our friend, the rock-solid contact, told me they were planning and hoping for much more than 20% capacity at football, but they will be ready for only 20% if needed.

I sure hope so. We are vaccinated and ready to cheer on our Cats in 2021!!!

Any one heard whether we have an official homecoming game scheduled with in person homecoming festivities to include concurrent alumni reunions contemplated?

Tailgating too?

What truths? willy has been a season ticket holder for longer than you've been alive. It's fun to watch you step in it time and time again. As usual, abusive, dumb and irrelevant.

Willy says something dumb, I point out how it’s dumb in some way, you come at me because you don’t like me, the world keeps turning. Cute how you try to make it personal though.

Willy says something dumb, I point out how it’s dumb in some way, you come at me because you don’t like me, the world keeps turning. Cute how you try to make it personal though.
The only dumb thing that was said was your suggestion that willy wouldn't buy season tickets, about which you know absolutely nothing. So, your comment adds nothing to the season ticket discussion - it just demeans another poster who often says dumb things and serves no other purpose.

The only dumb thing that was said was your suggestion that willy wouldn't buy season tickets, about which you know absolutely nothing. So, your comment adds nothing to the season ticket discussion - it just demeans another poster who often says dumb things and serves no other purpose.

Or, you know, you just don’t like me.

You do make yourself unlikeable from time to time. I ignore Willy. You should too.
There are people on the board who may not like what Willy posts, but I can honestly say he is one of the nicest guys you can ever know. He loves The Wildcats and rarely misses games. No Chores drives in from Erie and is also a quality guy, who for years on this board has brought his thoughts. GCG is one of the go to posters in my opinion, though he can be brutally direct and short, but that's his style. He still knows football.. We are all different and mostly respectful of one another. I hope that all of us who want to attend in person this year, can do so and collectively cheer on our Cats!!!

Last edited:
Any one heard whether we have an official homecoming game scheduled with in person homecoming festivities to include concurrent alumni reunions contemplated?

Tailgating too?
I've been looking into this with a number of other 1965 and 1966 graduates. There will definitely be a combined reunion for those years. What form it will take has not yet been fully decided - not even whether it will be a football weekend. Our group has tried to convince the reunion planners that if it isn't a football weekend attendance will be lousy. My guess is it will be scheduled our game on October 16. I'll keep you posted Alaska.

FWIW High Schools in Illinois are allowed 20% Capacity

Don't get me started. That capacity limit has a huge caveat. The ESCC/CCL voted to not allow visiting fans to attend, all tickets sold directly by the home team. I'm quite pissed. Not only will I not be able to attend my son's game Saturday (senior year), but since game is at St. Rita (against Leo) I was also getting excited about a stop at Fat Johnnie's for a MIL dog.

Last week, our friend, the rock-solid contact, told me they were planning and hoping for much more than 20% capacity at football, but they will be ready for only 20% if needed.

If it’s not 50% or greater by August something has gone very very wrong! Everyone who wants a vaccine will be vaccinated by then and the country should be fully open for business. 🙏

Tailgating too?
I've been looking into this with a number of other 1965 and 1966 graduates. There will definitely be a combined reunion for those years. What form it will take has not yet been fully decided - not even whether it will be a football weekend. Our group has tried to convince the reunion planners that if it isn't a football weekend attendance will be lousy. My guess is it will be scheduled our game on October 16. I'll keep you posted Alaska.

Just came across these photos. Appeared apropos for this particular thread;

DSCN0035_zpsn9rcqjft.jpg
DSC3196_zps8hpgegwv.jpg
DSC3660_zpso2ychlrh.jpg
DSC6340_zpskogqzwkl.jpg
DSC_0156.jpg
IMG_0660_zpsqfwjykcw.jpg
DSC3738_zps3vbmejbh.jpg
DSC4140_zps9gh91ny7.jpg
IMG_0792_zpsjh7cpbq6.jpg
photo_zpsdokgtehk.jpg
DSC4347_zps7o0jkvde.jpg
IMG_0786_zpsc19plszn.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Alaska. Lots of good folks in those photos. As I'm sure you know by now, Home Coming is October 14 - 17 when we play Rutgers. Hope to see you with the reindeer sausage and smoked salmon, and I'll bring the pumpkin cookies. West Lot under the Rolling Rock tent per usual. Of course, the whole ubercat group should plan on stopping by as well. It's been a while. I'm sure all will be vaccinated by then.

Thanks Alaska. Lots of good folks in those photos. As I'm sure you know by now, Home Coming is October 14 - 17 when we play Rutgers. Hope to see you with the reindeer sausage and smoked salmon, and I'll bring the pumpkin cookies. West Lot under the Rolling Rock tent per usual. Of course, the whole ubercat group should plan on stopping by as well. It's been a while. I'm sure all will be vaccinated by then.

Uber and myself, if remember correctly were moving to Golf-Central in 2020 and COVID stopped that.

Roger Goodell wants... wait, expects 100% capacity at NFL games this fall.

Which seems unlikely given both the emerging variants and the likelihood that a not insignificant portion of the population will refuse the vaccine.

Having been vaccinated myself, I personally think college and NFL teams should require proof of vaccination in order to attend or tailgate near the stadium. That’s one way for this silly game to unarguably and distinctly benefit society during a pandemic.

Uber and myself, if remember correctly were moving to Golf-Central in 2020 and COVID stopped that.
I had put in for Central Golf lot as well as SGL had not been the same in 2019. Always wet and the big issue was when they closed the hall bathrooms. I was fine with the porta potties but better half not. This time have to try to get closer for her than SGL as I am not sure how mobile she will be

No Chores at the bequest of Mrs. No Chores gets the credit for bringing those all the way from their favorite neighborhood bakery in Pennsylvania.,,,,

or at least that is the narrative I am sticking with 😋
And, that is the correct narrative! They came from Art's Bakery in Erie Pa. Picked them up myself the day before the game, and then drove out to Chicago. They may be sampled again at our tailgate on October 16.

Just came across these photos. Appeared apropos for this particular thread;

DSCN0035_zpsn9rcqjft.jpg
DSC3196_zps8hpgegwv.jpg
DSC3660_zpso2ychlrh.jpg
DSC6340_zpskogqzwkl.jpg
DSC_0156.jpg
IMG_0660_zpsqfwjykcw.jpg
DSC3738_zps3vbmejbh.jpg
DSC4140_zps9gh91ny7.jpg
IMG_0792_zpsjh7cpbq6.jpg
photo_zpsdokgtehk.jpg
DSC4347_zps7o0jkvde.jpg
IMG_0786_zpsc19plszn.jpg
Me and willycat in the same picture twice? Geez. Ole Glades stayed away from pictures but was more interested in sniffing around for cases of beer in unattended cars and it wasn't just to collect them.

Admittedly, Villox' tent always seemed to have the best food and it was themed properly.

As far as season tickets, I don't feel there is a reason to have them. I mean,maybe if you have 4 or 6 people in your party. But why have season tickets anymore? If you want to give, then just give.

Me and willycat in the same picture twice? Geez. Ole Glades stayed away from pictures but was more interested in sniffing around for cases of beer in unattended cars and it wasn't just to collect them.

Admittedly, Villox' tent always seemed to have the best food and it was themed properly.

As far as season tickets, I don't feel there is a reason to have them. I mean,maybe if you have 4 or 6 people in your party. But why have season tickets anymore? If you want to give, then just give.
And ubercat and The Waterboy, among familiar faces

Got an email today that season tickets will be on sale for renewals starting Monday, 4/26. Sign me up!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I just talked to my AE. If you previously told them to hold/roll over your money from last year you might not get the Monday e-mail.

I just talked to my AE. If you previously told them to hold/roll over your money from last year you might not get the Monday e-mail.
My AE called me today to ask what I'd like to do, although, of course, they don't have all the answers yet.

I have not received any info from NU regarding season tickets or parking. I was in the west lot and would like to switch to the east lot. I will have to place a call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT