ADVERTISEMENT

Seat layout for new WR

7,700 capacity is what agent said. No need to count. Looks like a good seat pricing map and allows hundreds of seats with no donation. Subtract students section and media and Im guessing 7,200 or so.
Kind of hard to believe they only lose 417 patrons when adding real seats and more leg room.....

What? 6,800 seemed like such a good number.

Ah, good. More "donate to our unrestricted fund to earn your place in line to spend thousands more" bullshit. "We want to reward the season ticket holders that have been supporting us for years." Awesome. This is a great way to do that. Truly an outstanding idea. Just what I was hoping to hear.

Not shocked at all, but still disappointed.

Ah, good. More "donate to our unrestricted fund to earn your place in line to spend thousands more" bullshit. "We want to reward the season ticket holders that have been supporting us for years." Awesome. This is a great way to do that. Truly an outstanding idea. Just what I was hoping to hear.

Not shocked at all, but still disappointed.
I haven't researched it (and no doubt some of our regular posters can speak to this), but I would venture a guess that this is pretty similar to what other Big Ten programs do. Considering where the program is - and apperars to be heading - I'd regret NOT having tickets more than I'll regret laying out for them. Where do I sign?

Do you think the donation angle effectively kills the scalpers profit? I wonder if the desire to mitigate scalping is going to turn off long time STH.

Do you think the donation angle effectively kills the scalpers profit? I wonder if the desire to mitigate scalping is going to turn off long time STH.

Ahhh, didn't consider it from that angle.

With the donation, any profit off lower level seats is generally out the window unless the program REALLY becomes something we never dreamed of.

Hopefully that drives off a certain segment of the ticket base that strictly scalps. It's obvious they're out there.

OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Wilson section with similar attendance rates to the lower bowl purple seats.

Ahhh, didn't consider it from that angle.

With the donation, any profit off lower level seats is generally out the window unless the program REALLY becomes something we never dreamed of.
Hopefully that drives off a certain segment of the ticket base that strictly scalps. It's obvious they're out there.

OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Wilson section with similar attendance rates to the lower bowl purple seats.

And not a moment too soon. Good riddance.

I completely agree. The 12 tickets in the 2 rows in front of me have never been sat in by anybody other than opposing fans who scalped. Ever.

So do those then become single game seats. To have a good portion of the Lower bowl empty defeats the home field advantage

I'm interested to see how the lower bowl evolves.

If the student seats are truly students seats, I think they're going to have a hard time filling them consistently.

If they are student and admin+ seats as they have been in the past, then there won't be a problem.

I also wonder if there's enough money asdociated with NU basketball to fill 1000ish Wilson seats.

The goal should be to increase the revenue AND fill the seats.

I'm interested to see how the lower bowl evolves.

If the student seats are truly students seats, I think they're going to have a hard time filling them consistently.

If they are student and admin+ seats as they have been in the past, then there won't be a problem.

I also wonder if there's enough money asdociated with NU basketball to fill 1000ish Wilson seats.

The goal should be to increase the revenue AND fill the seats.
If NU puts a winning product on the floor and competes for Championships the student bleachers (they don't get seat-back chairs) will be full.

It is interesting that the baseball field is being changed to a skin infield.
I was at our annual reunion 2 weeks ago and there was no mention of removing the infield grass(synthetic). The playing surface is perfect and the team facilities are light years ahead of when I played.

If you saw a picture of a skinned infield , could it have been the women's softball field ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT