ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half game thread UW

No

Certainly not good enough to win

This all comes down to coaching and development.

Wisconsin does this better

So many returning players for NU and they are crapping the bed on offense. No excuse.

So Fitz deserves $3M a year, long term contract and Shia spanking new facility for this? I think not.

Sacks are not always on the OL. This has been the OLs best game of the year, by far.not great but good enough to win.

They've played 2 trash teams and Duke, who cares if it's their "best game of the year" or not, the line has still looked horrible

I'm getting tired of watching NU quarterbacks with NFL potential spend their entire careers running for their lives and then forced to try to perform miracles.

I agree. Thorson has not made the plays thta I was expecting him to make this year in a game like this. Also Jackson is not the same so far and I suspect the injury concerns are probably accurate. Lastly, give Wisconsin and their staff credit. They are good. The OL is not the reason we are struggling to move the ball in this game.
See Duke game. A team beaten by 4 scores at home by a decent Miami team

So, the QB should be able to count to 2 before getting hit on more plays than not, right?

Reactions: kreggk
I must not understand this game at all, because I see our OL getting run over on every pass play. They are rushing four and dropping 7 and Thorson still only has less than 2 seconds before someone's in his face. Not sure how the OL is having a good game?

listen to corbi he knows everything, as our OL absolutely gets plowed over again on that pick 6

Reactions: chicagocatfan24
This is the point where I think you take your college QB out because he is learning bad habits incurred because the rush is forcing him.

3555364F3756AB2D595E71AC8BCB5924.JPG
Our blocking strategy.

I miss Austin Carr. IMO it was his perfectionism that made CT a better QB.

Pathetic blocking by the OL and no adjustments by NU.

Reactions: D_C_B
2017 Northwestern football team is nothing special. Same as many before. Struggles and chokes the hope out of the fans.
We can still make a bowl game and even win it depending on the match up but a galaxy away from being a contender.
I Hope Fitz Mahal helps when it's finished.

2017 Northwestern football team is nothing special. Same as many before. Struggles and chokes the hope out of the fans.
We can still make a bowl game and even win it depending on the match up but a galaxy away from being a contender.
I Hope Fitz Mahal helps when it's finished.
I doubt this is a bowl team. This offense is much worse than last year and that was barely a bowl team.

This is just backyard football now. Just throwing it long because nothing else works. Embarrassing.

See Duke game. A team beaten by 4 scores at home by a decent Miami team

I thought Thorson also played horribly in the Duke game and I said so. Look, Wisconsin is blitzing heavily. The book is starting to get out that Thorson gets really uncomfortable if you blitz him. He doesn't seem to anticipate the blitzes, he has shown no feel to move around in the pocket to avoid the blitzes, his feet get choppy and his eyes drop when the pocket is collapsing, he doesn't throw well on the run and his accuracy drops off significantly when he gets the ball off in the pocket with pressure in his face. Expect to see more of this based on the way he has responded.

They've played 2 trash teams and Duke, who cares if it's their "best game of the year" or not, the line has still looked horrible

The line has been a huge issue but their performance today gave the team a chance to win if your stars had stepped up. They did not.

Maybe we can get some meaningless garbage points so we can cover the spread.

I'm afraid that if we get to the little pizza bowl and win it so that Fitz can justify to retain his entire staff again.
Oh look! We won a little pizza bowl to add to the collections @ fitz mahal trophy case.
All is well!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT