ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for IU-NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Sorry I didn't get the first-half thread started. I was at my son's playoff game. They lost, unfortunately.

Here are two stats that just about killed Northwestern in the first half:

- Penalties: 7 for 67 yards
- Turnovers: 3 (though the one at the end of the half didn't matter)

With an offense like theirs, they just can't afford mistakes like that.

I also heard Dave Eanet say that Northwestern's has been outscored on points off of turnovers 66-6 this year. Think about that for a while.

Sorry I didn't get the first-half thread started. I was at my son's playoff game. They lost, unfortunately.

I also heard Dave Eanet say that Northwestern's has been outscored on points off of turnovers 66-6 this year. Think about that for a while.

Iron Maiden approves.

Will be interesting to watch Fitzy these last 4+ weeks. This is definitely Dark Ages crap.

Hunter did not look good that first series.

I always thought Lloyd Carr was the biggest whiner in the big ten, then Jim Harbaugh, but they have nothing on Fitz

Now your fool coach is whining. Your receiver pushed off on Ruiz and then your coach whines. Biggest whiner.

Penix hurt, got hurt on our last drive. Also, Fitz bought that non call on 18, guess time to balance ofg

I think Ruiz got away with one there. Maybe Fitz's arguing with the officials paid off on that one.

It was close to bang-bang at full speed, but Ruiz was a touch early...however, the amount of pushing off IU WR’s are doing and yet not one offensive PI. Very suprising.

Reactions: drewjin
I think Ruiz got away with one there. Maybe Fitz's arguing with the officials paid off on that one.
At least he’s still the old Fitz. Pissed off and showing it.

If punts and turnovers were points, we’d only be losing by 11 points or so right now. This offense is the most painful thing I’ve ever seen in sports, and I’m a North sider.

Indiana offense a bit impotent without their star Penix.

Well, the good news is that it looks like Hunter might be able to apply for a medical red shirt after all.

Did Hunter's bobble of the ball lead to a slower whistle? I don't remember when the whistle was blown on the play.

Reactions: drewjin
Ruiz makes a lot of mental mistakes....that was his guy on the touchdown

Here is something I am thinking about: If we get blown out this year by teams like Indiana, will Fitz start blowing teams out in the future?

If so, may we lose 52-3 to tonight.

Did Hunter's bobble of the ball lead to a slower whistle? I don't remember when the whistle was blown on the play.
They started blowing whistles as soon as he was in the grasp and getting pushed backward. This is the same exact type of play that got called last year at the end of the Purdue game when they body slammed our QB.

Too bad Irwin Allen is dead there's a hell of a disaster film here

How could our offense be this bad? We are so so bad. This is ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT