ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for Northwestern-Nebraska

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, NU got its ground game going in the first half, finishing with 127 yards on the ground. I hope NU sticks to the zone running game a little more in the second half. Jackson and Larkin are getting lots of room to run.

There have been big plays from both teams -- both the Cats and the Huskers each produced three plays of more than 20 yards.

Tanner Lee has thrown a few up for grabs and Queiro came down with two picks. With two INTs and 280 yards of offense, you feel like NU should be up by more than a field goal.

Coming into the half, the sideline reporter said that Fitz admitted he made a mistake, that he was "multitasking" and screwed up.

Reactions: phatcat
So glad now we settled for that long FG at the end of the half. WTF Thorson.

I feel like I'd like to lose Thorson to the bench sometimes before losing him to the NFL.

Yup, there goes the shot at securing win #6. Can’t mess the bed at the end of the half and the throw a pick six out of halftime. Chances of winning in the road after getting behind that way, probably 10%.

Sorry corbi, but that's Thorson overthrowing a short pass again. He threw that way harder than he had to and it sailed on him.

We don't play well as favorites. We should be leading by two TDs but now we'll be lucky to scratch out a win. It starts with FItz.

Reactions: Sheffielder
So we have abandoned the run game. Thorson just not making the throws he should be making. All day back there.

This drive by Huskers is huge, wheels could come off here if D doesn’t step up.

Two facemasks on JJ weren’t called on the same play with an official right there. Ridiculous.

Couldn’t hurt to give Alviti a drive as a change of pace and see what he could do. Thorson has the yips out there.

Please, just hand the ball to our RBs on 2/3 of the plays until Nebraska adjusts, and then play action pass. Enough of this confidence-rebuilding attempt at playcalling.

ADVERTISEMENT