ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU-Iowa

Thought it was a mistake not to be more aggressive in regulation and go for the field goal, but it all worked out. Just better execution by the Wildcats today and Iowa missed Jewel. Good win!

What an amazing, amazing individual effort on that catch and run by JJTBC. 3 open field broken tackles to get down to the 1. And he scored on the next play. Can't believe we didn't hold up to review that; goal line cam I believe would've overturned the call.

Fitz rolled the dice for OT and got bailed out by JJ.

I'm not stupid. I'm genuinely curious. Why is it too bad Fant dropped the ball?
Bc if that perfectly thrown pass was caught to a wide open receiver to extend Io_a possession, maybe just maybe pussy fitz have learnt a lesson NOT to give up ever with time on regulation with a veteran qb and with an all time great rb of school hx.
Maybe then pussycat would have shit in his pants a little to think again next time we r in a similar situation.
Do not question my love for the cats again.

Fitz rolled the dice for OT and got bailed out by JJ.

Is "getting bailed out" the right term?

Shouldn't you lean on your best player when all the chips are on the table? Personally, I would have liked to see offense attempt to do something at the end of regulation, but Iowa had timeouts and by waiting for OT you get the full compliment of your playbook (and full use of JJ). Fitz has been slammed for being too aggressive at the end of halves before...every situation is unique.

Aren't coaches are supposed to catch the blame for the loss, but credit for the win? Fitz knows his team, even if many don't want to admit it.

Last edited:
Bc if that perfectly thrown pass was caught to a wide open receiver to extend Io_a possession, maybe just maybe pussy fitz have learnt a lesson NOT to give up ever with time on regulation with a veteran qb and with an all time great rb of school hx.
Maybe then pussycat would have shit in his pants a little to think again next time we r in a similar situation.

So you would have preferred we lost to teach Fitz a lesson? Okay.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1

That’s dumb.

Winning cures.... all... ills? Not a very celebratory board today after a B!G win.

Doesn’t cure everything at all. But I would much rather Fitz be saying “whew it got dicey there at the end, maybe I’ll change my thinking a bit but I’m glad to have the W” than “damn it, I really screwed that up and we lost.”

I get it though. For some reason, this one feels a little hollow. Though what makes me find joy in this one is how much better our defense is playing.

Because it was ugly football. Always nice to win “going away,” but successful B1G teams are going to have at least a couple ugly wins every year.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Some people almost seem....pissed.

I wonder if some posters are still struggling in getting past the Duke loss and Wisconsin ending.

The Cats beat a pretty good Iowa team today. With a similiar defensive effort and a little better execution on offense, NU can upset Michigan State next weekend. The division is almost certainly off the table, but keep the focus/steady improvement and a NYD bowl may be in the cards. That's always a success in my book.

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
Wow, was expecting a better second half thread after a good win but 7 more pages of even more nonsense! Pro tip-' coaches know weather conditions and what they can do into and with the wind that blew Hunter''s punt 80 yards and made Io_a''s kicker look like an all-pro at one end and a high school kicker on the other. Apparently , many posters here don't know what wind is....

Wow, was expecting a better second half thread after a good win but 7 more pages of even more nonsense! Pro tip-' coaches know weather conditions and what they can do into and with the wind that blew Hunter''s punt 80 yards and made Io_a''s kicker look like an all-pro at one end and a high school kicker on the other. Apparently , many posters here don't know what wind is....

Nice post, but a little bit too long winded. :rolleyes:

That doesn't make sense at all. I mean I agree that Fitz was a pussy to not even try to win in regulation and got super lucky, but you'd rather that he caught the ball and extended the drive vs. dropping it and giving us the victory?

In the long run, one might argue that it would be worth losing if Fitz learned an important lesson from it, but after 9 years of Cushing, I give up on him learning anything and ever changing from his boneheaded stubborn ways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT