ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. OSU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I can't remember the last time all three of NU's scorers were on in the same game. Can you? Tonight, BMac is off and he was shut out in the first half.

NU started out hot, for a change, hitting its first three shots. They went 7-24 the rest of the half, however. They also had another scoring drought -- they had 0 points and three turnovers in 3:09 and Ohio State scored 10 straight points to take the lead. The run eventually grew to 17-2.

Bates-Diop has just five points at the half, but OSU spread the scoring around as eight Buckeyes got on the board. Only four Cats scored, led by Skelly with 9.

OSU is also doing a good job on the offensive glass, outscoring NU 8-0 on second-chance points.

The only reason I watch this is because I know Ash and Gaines can play both ends of the court, along with Pardon! Ridiculous! Mac ain’t doing squat and we are down by 15!

Two late shot clock 3s from OSU, after good defense from the Cats. Hard to recover from that with this middling offense, unfortunately.

Still think this kind of effort wins a handful more conference games. Just not against Ohio State.

NU is shooting an impressive 58.3% in the second half. The problem is OSU is shooting 66.7%.

BMac says hey.
Right but he's not the player is was during the past 3 seasons. Maybe it's injuries or just can't connect with some of the other guys. Do you think, after watching this season's games that NU will really miss Skelly and Lindsey. Chemistry is totally lacking and maybe new blood can change that.

Reactions: Inovacat
Right but he's not the player is was during the past 3 seasons. Maybe it's injuries or just can't connect with some of the other guys. Do you think, after watching this season's games that NU will really miss Skelly and Lindsey. Chemistry is totally lacking and maybe new blood can change that.

I didn't mention Skelly or Lindsey.

Maybe Lathon or Brown blow all of us away in 2018-19, but it's pretty hard to imagine losing one of the best PG's in school history won't be felt in some capacity.

Last edited:
I didn't mention Skelly or Lindsey.

Maybe Lathon or Brown blow all of us away in 2018-19, but it's pretty hard to imagine losing one of the best PG's in school won't be felt in some capacity.
True, but Mac is not having a plus season for him. He is hurting and getting very little help from anyone other then Pardon and Law.

True, but Mac is not having a plus season for him. He is hurting and getting very little help from anyone other then Pardon and Law.

I know Willy, I simply disagree with your statement that "NU won't miss any of the seniors".

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that statement is just a tad over the top either. I can't imagine how rough this season would be without BMac.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT