ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Penn State

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
The bank is still open in State College! BMac hits a 3 off the glass at the buzzer to cut Penn State's lead to 41-34 at the half.

I feel like I write this a lot, but NU is fortunate to be down by just 7 at the half. They got down 30-15 and it had the looks of another blowout loss, but NU improved their defense and some shots started to fall down the stretch.

BMac leads the way with 10 points and three assists. All in all, he looks pretty good in his first game back.

NU is getting whipped on the boards, 17-9, and, even after cooling off, Penn State is shooting 70.8 percent on a lot of dunks and layups (18 points in the paint). Stevens (16 points on 7-8 shooting) and Watkins (11 on 4-4) are leading the way for the Lions.

The bank is still open in State College! BMac hits a 3 off the glass at the buzzer to cut Penn State's lead to 41-34 at the half.

I feel like I write this a lot, but NU is fortunate to be down by just 7 at the half. They got down 30-15 and it had the looks of another blowout loss, but NU improved their defense and some shots started to fall down the stretch.

BMac leads the way with 10 points and three assists. All in all, he looks pretty good in his first game back.

NU is getting whipped on the boards, 17-9, and, even after cooling off, Penn State is shooting 70.8 percent on a lot of dunks and layups (18 points in the paint). Stevens (16 points on 7-8 shooting) and Watkins (11 on 4-4) are leading the way for the Lions.
Ash came in and caused three straight turnovers. We need athletes out there. I would go with. Ash,Law,Lindsey,Mac and Pardon with Gaines first off the bench.

Lou, if we win because of Ash and Mac, please mention this in your headlines! Ash helps solidify defense. Mac and Ash save the game and maybe the season for NU!

Our bigs are physically small as compared to PSU. I did not think I would say this, but we miss the physicality of Lumpkin. We need a power forward.

We had the ball with a chance to tie, then proceeded to play the ugliest minute of basketball of the season.

Pathetic, Penn State letting us in, and we can't get a defensive rebound, can't make a layup, bad turnovers. We suck.

That stretch could come back to haunt the Cats.

BMac and Ash hit back to back 3s cut lead to 47-44. Then Skelly throws away a rebound, and a couple PSU offensive rebounds and blocks of Pardon later, PSU is on a 6-0 run to get the lead back to 9.

That stretch could come back to haunt the Cats.

BMac and Ash hit back to back 3s cut lead to 47-44. Then Skelly throws away a rebound, and a couple PSU offensive rebounds and blocks of Pardon later, PSU is on a 6-0 run to get the lead back to 9.
Skelly is too dam slow. Kills us sometimes. He ain't doing much today. Try Gaines if Scottie or Law need a break

What is the NCAA record for most dunks given up?

Wow. Lindsey is 2-14. That is basically normal for him now.

Lindsey has twice as many turnovers (4) as baskets (2). He is now 2-14 from the floor.

We have learned that BMac is, indeed, our best player by a mile.

Really? Aside from BMac, Pardon and maybe Law, not sure I see the urgency.

I could be wrong, but to me, minus a slow start (no excuses), the effort is there. They just aren’t executing much and don’t have nearly the athleticism that a middle of the conference PSU team has.

"Do they have the capability to score quickly and score often? We haven't seen that from Northwestern."

"Northwestern doesn't have players who can score one-on-one."

Some brutal honesty from these announcers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT