ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs PSU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, we saw some sloppy basketball from both teams, who combined for 21 turnovers in the first half. NU, which averaged 9.8 TOs per game, had nine at the half.

Boo got hot late in the half and leads NU with 11 points. Brockington and Jones have combined for 18 for the Lions.

PSU is dominating the glass with a 20-11 advantage in rebounds, and they’re 11-11 on free throws, while NU is 4-6.

It’s gonna be a dogfight in the second half. NU’s zone really bothered the Lions — we’ll see if it continues to force turnovers in the second half and NU can sneak out of there with a win.

Kopp has to play better. Other than his two 3-pointers, he hasn't done anything and has turned the ball over. Nance came to play by his shots aren't falling. Audige is actually playing well, especially his passing. This game is still winnable. Get it done Cats.

This is truly pathetic. There is zero heart in the way they’re playing and it’s so sloppy.

Defensive intensity. It’s about time!!!

In the first half, Ty Berry was great in the zone. Both he and Audige are strong defenders in the passing lane.

Defensive intensity. It’s about time!!!

In the first half, Ty Berry was great in the zone. Both he and Audige are strong defenders in the passing lane.
What’s with Collins use of Ty? He needs more time on the court especially with how bad we’re playing.

Well, we saw some sloppy basketball from both teams, who combined for 21 turnovers in the first half. NU, which averaged 9.8 TOs per game, had nine at the half.

Boo got hot late in the half and leads NU with 11 points. Brockington and Jones have combined for 18 for the Lions.

PSU is dominating the glass with a 20-11 advantage in rebounds, and they’re 11-11 on free throws, while NU is 4-6.

It’s gonna be a dogfight in the second half. NU’s zone really bothered the Lions — we’ll see if it continues to force turnovers in the second half and NU can sneak out of there with a win.
We r better! Refs screwing us

What’s with Collins use of Ty? He needs more time on the court especially with how bad we’re playing.
Surprisingly, Berry’s d, especially in the zone, is ahead of his offense. He doesn’t handle the ball well and the game is happening too fast for him. He was trying a lot of high school moves that just don’t work against B1G players.

I hope Berry heats up after finally hitting a three.

I love this lineup. We need our stats guy to rate our performance when Boo, Kopp, Nance, Gaines, and Berry (or Audige) are on the court. Not saying I don’t love what Young is doing tonight.

Surprisingly, Berry’s d, especially in the zone, is ahead of his offense. He doesn’t handle the ball well and the game is happening too fast for him. He was trying a lot of high school moves that just don’t work against B1G players.
We r playing good defense

Free throws are soon to be 21 to 9. Nance did not foul. Refs are impacting this game negatively for us, as usual.

We remain the most unclutxh team. These guys have 80 K a year scholarships and we get this product. Disgraceful

Wevwon that game! Refs screwed us! Can't stand watching this stuff as it is happening all year to our team!
I mean our turnovers killed us. For once I wasn’t totally pissed at the refs. We just are not good.

Again, a team that has no toughness or confidence.

Raise your hand if you DIDN’T think Chase was gonna force that three once the ball got to him? I don’t know what’s worse, that he had Beran wide open as the trailer or that it would have only counted for 2 points if that terrible shot had gone in...

It’s his first year in the BigTen and he has a lot of potential. Frustrating as hell right now, but I think his future is bright IF he can slow down and relax a bit.

Reactions: PurpleFaze
Kind of funny that Beilein’s Wolverines teams lost twice on late game buckets. He doesn’t seem to recognize that he’s the exception, not the rule.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
Our coach silently counts his millions with his hands in his pockets while his assistant draws up the final play that results in ... that? Fire CCC.

I don’t get why Audige is allowed to do that. He doesn’t consistently hit outside shots.

Reactions: drewjin
Our coach silently counts his millions with his hands in his pockets while his assistant draws up the final play that results in ... that? Fire CCC.
Such an unfair comment. James dialed up the NCAA-clinching shot. It’s called leveraging the strengths of your staff.

New AD should get the chance to restart the MBB program. No point in keeping Collins. Just burning money with MBB.

Easy to throw stones and disregard how he’s changed NU’s entire approach to playing basketball, and given us at least a decent chance to successfully play the type of game that top recruits want to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT