ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Rutgers

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Guys, I don't know what to say after that horror show. NU's second quarter was historically bad:

Yards: NU 14 RU 114
Rush yards: NU -13 RU 73
First downs: NU 1 RU 6

I predicted on the Rutgers site that the Knights would cover and got laughed at. Now I'm wondering if NU can win, period.

Good god.

I feel like everyone in the world except Fitz understands this basic concept:

If you do not change anything, you can not expect different results.

#FireMcCall

I just tuned in the radio to hear the end of the first half. You could hear the disgust in Dave Eanet's voice has announced the halftime score.

Everyone here at the game is disgusted too. I’m not going to soon forget the look on Clayton’s father’s face.

ESPN has our win probability at 60% (It was over 90% most of the first quarter.)

It's still just a one-score game. Don't panic (yet).
I have very little faith in our ability to score so any second half deficit seems nearly insurmountable. Seems like the only second half fight I've seen in our offense has been 4th Q MSU and 4th Q Nebraska. They do NOT look like they have the fight or preparation and that is extremely frustrating as a fan.

Maybe this half, Fitz will tell Lees to get a bit closer to the punts instead of allowing a punt to bounce 35 yards for a new Rutgers record. WTH?

You don't know the first thing about how to run routes correctly
Actually I do and was all county second team (2nd place ribbon lol), but it doesn't matter because Lees and Vault never have. I know that as well. These guys can't set up a corner back for nothing. No separation. Nothing again.

Fessler knows how to run routes. Sad that our only TRUE wide receiver other than Nagle can't see the field except if injuries. Sad.

Because they’re a bad football team that has bad coaching.

Yet, here we are.

I will say this, I used to believe Ash was a good coach in a bad situation but Rutgers is one of the worst prepared football teams I have ever seen. Not sure what that says about NU today.

I will say this, I used to believe Ash was a good coach in a bad situation but Rutgers is one of the worst prepared football teams I have ever seen. Not sure what that says about NU today.
We prepared to play them close.

I think he was down, but there's no camera angle that will allow them to overturn it. Horrible luck.

Could we possibly be playing any worse? This isn't playing downj, it is rolling over and playing dead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT