ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Stanford

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, NU kept its starting QB a mystery to give the offense an advantage vs. Stanford. I guess that didn't work: they had 79 total yards and got shut out in the first half as the Cardinal held the ball for a whopping 22:57.

Miraculously, the score is just 10-0 -- and probably would have been 7-0 if not for Earnest Brown's costly unsportsmanlike conduct penalty near the end of the half.

As for Hunter...yeesh. He is 1-4 for 3 yards with an interception for a QB rating of -18.7. That's MINUS 18.7. TJ Green came in on the last drive and gave the offense a spark. We'll see who comes out in the second half.

The defense played its patented bend-but-don't-break style -- the question is whether they bent too far. They missed a lot of tackles, and I'm sure it was due to fatigue as much as anything. On a hot day, we'll see if they can hold up in the second half.

Costello is apparently not on the field for 2h. We can win this game

Also, is it ok for the announcer to go talk to the officials about getting a kid kicked out of the game?

The announcers are still going on about targeting. Good grief, enough. It's annoying. It's done.

NO single guy takes down Bowser. That was a no gain play he turned into 4 yards.

Oh man, that sucked. Really bad hit. Hope he's ok. Just a killer for our momentum. The D HAS to get a stop here.

Reactions: Titanium999
Okay, so how about the Stanford rusher EXTENDING HIS ARMS and PUSHING GREEN TO THE GROUND after he had already released the ball?
and the announcers going on about a ‘clean hit’ and he’s totally pushing him down we’ll after getting rid of the ball

veteran qb has to know to go down there, or throw it away, this isn't pee wee

And another missed tackle. This is very unlike our team. So frustrating.

He got happy feet. He did same thing in first half. Feel bad for the kid and the team. Tough break, but you gotta stand in there and make a throwing decision.

That said, I'm disappointed in the OL. I've seen enough play now to form an opinion. First game, sure, but where is the fire? They look relatively small and generally suspect in both pass pro and run blocking.

Bowser should have scored on that running play before the fumble. He got tripped up by an arm tackle and had green grass in front of him. Big missed play.

Well.... we got what we asked for. HJ to play the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT