ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Stanford

Gee.... everybody in the damn stadium knew that play was coming. Come on McCall!!!!

Gee.... everybody in the damn stadium knew that play was coming. Come on McCall!!!!
Why not just throw a deep ball? If it's dropped, the clock stops (we just blew an extra 30 seconds for what reason?). If we catch it, great! There's also a chance for a PI call. And if it's intercepted, it's like a punt.

This play had no chance and just wasted time.

Reactions: drewjin
Why not just throw a deep ball? If it's dropped, the clock stops (we just blew an extra 30 seconds for what reason?). If we catch it, great! There's also a chance for a PI call. And if it's intercepted, it's like a punt.

Could have at least rolled him out

Hunter isn't connecting but is running well. He gets 8 yards and you have a makeable 4th down

And I never defend Mick

Because when in doubt, we go ultra-conservative. That's Fitz's style. As much as I can't stand it, the guy has won a lot of games, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Its so hard to watch, but yet, we find ways to win.

Hunter isn't connecting but is running well. He gets 8 yards and you have a makeable 4th down

And I never defend Mick
I'm not going for it on 4th and 7 at that part of the field, with 3 timeouts. I'm punting and trying to pin them back.

Whillock has had a bad game. He is flying around, but not finishing plays.

Reactions: nu greek
And another missed tackle in the hole. That is probably the ball game.

Well, at least we'll get the ball back.

And as I predicted, that damned FG at the end of the half is the difference in the game.

Can someone explain why McCall called that absol****inglutely stupid stupid play????????

That was just nasty! Let the linebacker nail him like that! Michigan State would murder us!

Can someone explain why McCall called that absol****inglutely stupid stupid play????????
I'm dumbfounded by what this play was????? Hunter throwing across his body. McCall is just a moron, sorry, i know a few here think he is a genius.

Reactions: Katatonic
Only Mick McCall can ruin a 5 star QB this way. This program can win ugly and that's better than nothing, but they aren't taking the next step forward until Fitz recognizes that offense matters in football these days.

The announcers said that McCall calls that "dash protection" as in "dash away from the chaos" protection. Our pass protection is so bad that we have a name for dashing away from it. We have a name for it. And as we just saw, that doesn't even work so well.

Yes, I think our O-line is still our weakest link. I'm sick of it.

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT