ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Stanford

The Defense isn’t as badass as was hoped for. This is going to be a long painful season if they don’t find themselves this week.

The Defense isn’t as badass as was hoped for. This is going to be a long painful season if they don’t find themselves this week.

At least with the bye there is an added week.

Somehow I suspect Monday’s drills will start with how to avoid missed tackles.

Reactions: ubercat
I don't think its the loss that is so painful. Its how crappy we looked in losing it to a Stanford team that just didn't look that impressive.
Well, I thought their defense looked impressive. They put pressure on our QBs the whole day. Nothing was ever easy.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Admittedly a case could be made that the FOX announcers did seem to overstate the missed tackles given that the D held Stanford to 10 points. (Less we forget, the last 7 were not on the defense.)

Still I would be surprised if the coaches are going to be any less forgiving.

Last edited:
After taking a deep breath and a clear moment of reflection, I was going to point out my opinions on the game and what made me unhappy about our overall Team performance today. It's really not important what I think, it's what The Coaches and The Players think about on their flight home and what they need to do to correct their mistakes and improve during the Bye Week. Lot of work to do Gents. Move on.

Reactions: corbi296
The announcers said that McCall calls that "dash protection" as in "dash away from the chaos" protection. Our pass protection is so bad that we have a name for dashing away from it. We have a name for it. And as we just saw, that doesn't even work so well.

Yes, I think our O-line is still our weakest link. I'm sick of it.
“Dash protection” = “Run for your liiiiifffffeee — no, the other way”

That's not the standard for targeting.

I see you're not that quick so I'll type slower this time. We lost our guy to a hit that a ref, TV commentators and anyone with an objective view considered targeting. It may be 'done' for 99 but our QB will be living with it for a while. That's why it's not "done".

I see you're not that quick so I'll type slower this time. We lost our guy to a hit that a ref, TV commentators and anyone with an objective view considered targeting. It may be 'done' for 99 but our QB will be living with it for a while. That's why it's not "done".
You speak for everyone with an objective view? I have a feeling you're anything but objective. Helmet-to-helmet would have objectively been targeting. I think what transpired was more subjective.

No need for insults; you have your opinion and I have mine.

Reactions: drewjin

I understand the emotional reaction to losing your QB. In the post-game interview, even the Stanford media said it wasn't a targeting hit. See around the 5:00 point in the presser:

I see you're not that quick so I'll type slower this time.

As an insult, I don't think this line works that well. It makes sense when you say 'I'll speak slower this time.' However, it doesn't matter how slowly or quickly you type. The rate at which the other person reads and comprehends the text is independent of the speed at which you typed it.

As an insult, I don't think this line works that well. It makes sense when you say 'I'll speak slower this time.' However, it doesn't matter how slowly or quickly you type. The rate at which the other person reads and comprehends the text is independent of the speed at which you typed it.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT