ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for Radford vs. NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Eight turnovers. 23% shooting. Good grief.

Can anyone figure these guys out?

Lost to Merrimack
Beat Providence
Trail Radford by 14 at the half

Lost to Merrimack
Beat Providence
Anything good on Disney + the stadium has free WiFi tonight.

Lost to Merrimack
Beat Providence
It’s very simple. We’re keeping the good stuff under wraps until we meet BigTen competitors.

You'd think Collins could learn something about offense watching the way teams take us apart. They sure don't come down and shoot the first available 3

This is embarrassing. What the hell has Collins been teaching this team?

Reactions: drewjin
Whew. After that Providence game, I thought I might have to pay attention this season!

I’m really starting to think Collins is not our guy. It’s year 7 and we suck and a ton is coaching. Radford is not more talented. They’re just better coached and playing with intensity. This is disgusting to watch. I never in a million years thought I’d miss Carmody, but his teams were at least competitive.

What is our concept on offense? At least with Comedy you knew he was trying to run a Princeton offense. Collins' offense seems just random 3-pointers and jump shots.

If we can just cut this Radford lead down into the double digits before the under-8 timeout, we might be ok.

What is our concept on offense? At least with Comedy you knew he was trying to run a Princeton offense. Collins' offense seems just random 3-pointers and jump shots.
Our rebounding is atrocious. Truly just no effort. I’m done with this team. There is no fight. It’s the epitome of a dumpster fire.

Reactions: chicagocatfan24
I’m really starting to think Collins is not our guy. It’s year 7 and we suck and a ton is coaching. Radford is not more talented. They’re just better coached and playing with intensity. This is disgusting to watch. I never in a million years thought I’d miss Carmody, but his teams were at least competitive.
The highest rated recruit in Radford’s history on 247 has a lower ranking than anyone on NUs roster.

Reactions: PurpleFaze
I don’t have BTN+, so I’m not watching. What’s up with Gaines? Box score has him at all zeroes on 0-1 shooting. Did he get hurt or has he just been that non-existent (or is the box score wrong)?

I don’t have BTN+, so I’m not watching. What’s up with Gaines? Box score has him at all zeroes on 0-1 shooting. Did he get hurt or has he just been that non-existent (or is the box score wrong)?
He’s playing. Just not doing a damn thing.

Non-factor tonight

Gaines has been pretty invisible so far. Just missed a 3 pointer. Guys just standing around on offense.

Reactions: Titanium999

I demand a Hunter Johnson-level investigation.

Reactions: NUCat320
1000% agree. I feel we are consistently out coached in most games.

At the same time, 3 for 19 (as of this moment) from the 3 point line doesn’t exactly help.
Not sure if you’re watching but we’re chucking up prayers. There is no offense no movement not setting our feet. Just chucking up crap.

Reactions: PurpleFaze
Gaines can only go so much in D in the zone. He’s created a couple of turnovers since they went to man. They have been decent at packing the paint against our guard drives so he’s only points are free throws.

But Pete is showing he can hit from anywhere. Sometimes.

1000% agree. I feel we are consistently out coached in most games.

At the same time, 3 for 19 (as of this moment) from the 3 point line doesn’t exactly help.
Radford was a better team coming in. They would beat NU at least 7 out of 10. The 5 point spread should have told you something is up. Radford gets to knock off a Big Ten Team they are psyched and our guys don’t even know what state Radford is in.

why are people surprised? This is a 2-3 win team in the Big. We will play a few real good games and get those unicorn wins. 13th or 14th in the league is still What it will be. We’ll lose some more to these so called “cupcakes”.

Radford was a better team coming in. They would beat NU at least 7 out of 10. The 5 point spread should have told you something is up. Radford gets to knock off a Big Ten Team they are psyched and our guys don’t even know what state Radford is in.

why are people surprised? This is a 2-3 win team in the Big. We will play a few real good games and get those unicorn wins. 13th or 14th in the league is still What it will be. We’ll lose some more to these so called “cupcakes”.
Why are we surprised? Because youth and inexperience is no excuse for a completely uninspired and unprepared team. If we want to lose by double digits to cupcakes then have a team of 12 walk-ons that will at least work hard and try.

Radford is 1-2 and lost to Liberty and Georgia Southern. Their one win outside of tonight is a D2 school. This is a terrible loss and it’s 100% on our coaching.

I think NU spotting them 32 minutes was a bridge to far on the road to NU victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT