ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for Radford vs. NU

It was a brutal game. The only good news is that Nance is emerging as our best player. He's going to be a monster if and when he develops an inside game.

Reactions: GatoLouco
NU fans can be really arrogant. Radford is a Virginia state university with 10,000 students. One of the sports they focus on is basketball. Heck, what else are you going to do in the middle of winter in southwest Virginia? They won their conference last year. They have a great recruiting area and they take basketball seriously.

Reactions: Titanium999
Beran is good at fouling to stop the clock. He's going to get lot of practice at it this year.

Neither gaines or AJ Turner, our two most experienced players are giving us anything. And as other people have stated we look really slow and not hustling compared to Radford

Radford is 1-2 and lost to Liberty and Georgia Southern. Their one win outside of tonight is a D2 school. This is a terrible loss and it’s 100% on our coaching.

NU fans can be really arrogant. Radford is a Virginia state university with 10,000 students. One of the sports they focus on is basketball. Heck, what else are you going to do in the middle of winter in southwest Virginia? They won their conference last year. They have a great recruiting area and they take basketball seriously.

How dare we? Liberty and Georgia Southern are juggernauts, and little ol' B1G team Northwestern shouldn't expect to beat the powerhouse Radford. Hell, we should be shaking about our next game against Norfolk State.

You're talking about Radford (had no idea what state it's in) and a B1G university. I hope this post was made in jest.

GMAB.

You're talking about Radford (had no idea what state it's in) and a B1G university. I hope this post was made in jest.

+1

Radford showed me nothing to believe they would be a competitive team in the B1G. Unfortunately neither did NU.

What is our concept on offense? At least with Comedy you knew he was trying to run a Princeton offense. Collins' offense seems just random 3-pointers and jump shots.
Clear out for the lacrosse guy! (I didn’t watch the game.)

What? Did I miss the sarcasm font? I said this is a big game for Radford and our guys clearly don’t take a school from a small conference seriously. How is that a fan being arrogant? If anything it is a criticism of how NU prepares for teams and an indictment of the staff/players.

The size if the school has zero to do with anything unless you are saying Illinois State should have beat NU in football because they are over twice NU’s enrollment.

If we can just cut this Radford lead down into the double digits before the under-8 timeout, we might be ok.
1999-2000 was my sophomore season. I spent so much time with thoughts like this. (“If we get threes and stops on the next three possessions, then we’ll have a chance to make a run.”)

Many small schools have excellent programs that NU and many Big Ten schools can only envy. It only takes a handful of players and a basketball court to compete as opposed to 100,000 seat football stadiums. Just because fans don't know what is happening outside the confines of the Big Ten doesn't mean other teams don't know how to play. I don't know one way or the other whether Radford is good this year, but I do know it is a pretty big school that has had some success in the past. I don't think NU has much to shout about in that regard. Saying this as a die-hard, very long time fan.

Many small schools have excellent programs that NU and many Big Ten schools can only envy. It only takes a handful of players and a basketball court to compete as opposed to 100,000 seat . Just befootball stadiums. Just because fans don't know what is happening outside the confines of the Big Ten doesn't mean other teams don't know how to play. I don't know one way or the other whether Radford is good this year, but I do know it is a pretty big school that has had some success in the past. I don't think NU has much to shout about in that regard. Saying this as a die-hard, very long time fan.
How do you figure they’re good this year? They lost to a very mediocre Liberty and Georgia Southern. Where do you get that they’re good from?

You'd think Collins could learn something about offense watching the way teams take us apart. They sure don't come down and shoot the first available 3

Radford looked like an actual basketball team that ran an offense. We look like a collection of misfits who just met during warmups.

Gaines has been pretty invisible so far. Just missed a 3 pointer. Guys just standing around on offense.

He (and turner who seemed to get few minutes) look disinterested most of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT