ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for the Music City Bowl

Amazing the yards that Jackson gets with what's going on in front of him

So, how was that for a first half? This game is now more about who isn't playing than who is.

Let's see: Clayton Thorson, Bennett Skowronek and Paddy Fisher are out for NU, and Benny Snell Jr. and Stephen Johnson are out for Kentucky - though we don't know Johnson's status for the rest of the game yet.

After another horrible start, NU got on track and scored 17 unanswered points for a 17-7 halftime lead. Total yards are 234 to 165 in favor of NU and Justin Jackson has 17 carries for 86 yards and two touch0downs. We'll see if Matt Alviti can pilot this one home.

With Snell out, Kentucky has just 26 rushing yards and figures to rely on the passing game. Backup Drew Barker, who took over late in the second after Johnson's injury, was last year's starter until a back injury ended his season and cost him his job.
stop em!

Not sure what happened to Alviti's throwing. He was pretty accurate and good in HS and highly ranked. But every time he tosses the ball, I close my eyes. Better to just run him like we did Thorson his freshman year. We need the defense to win this. Alviti is awful as a 5th year QB. WTH? Should have gotten him some playing time when we had opportunities. Maybe a tweak better than Oliver was but we need 2 more defensive stops. Calling Mr Graziano.

Yep. Really miss fisher right now

Loved going for it. Worst playcall ever. Was run up the gut seriously not a better idea?
If we had run every play that series, we'd have another TD right now. Why stop running when they clearly can't stop it and we clearly can't throw it??

Again, I just love Mcall. He is singlehandidly choking and losing the game. Leave him behind with Kushing!!

9 damn points left off the board. Missed fg and 2other fgs that they should have tried. Like I’ve said numerous times. Pat is a great motivator but x and os he terrible

Loved going for it. Worst playcall ever. Was run up the gut seriously not a better idea?

They got cute. A little long for a sneak and worried that defense would key on Jackson. A read option would have been my choice.

You don’t call that on fourth and goal. High risk, low reward. Trust your OL and most of all, trust JJ.

Reactions: Fitz51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT