ADVERTISEMENT

Second Half Thread of Doom and Lament

What a pathetic performance so far. Who is going to step up??

Thomson and the O line just having a really bad day. I think Thorson should run sooner a few times.

Our WRs must be sucking today too because Thorson has had to hold onto the ball a bunch.

WHAT is Thorson doing?! He has regressed in this game. Holding the ball WAY too long. He had actually made progress in knowing when to throw it away this year, but this game he is basically gift wrapping himself for sacks.

Our O-line is steaming pile of crap, but I'll repeat that Thorson needs to feel the pressure better in the pocket. He seems to continually step right into defenders in the pocket when he had a bit of room to run in the other direction.

Thomson and the O line just having a really bad day. I think Thorson should run sooner a few times.
Can't make short yards on 3rd, over and over again. Thorson can't make a decision on the option or when to scramble. And his fumbles continue.

Agree. Tuck and run.

In another note, what the frick is going on with the punting?????

WHAT is Thorson doing?! He has regressed in this game. Holding the ball WAY too long. He had actually made progress in knowing when to throw it away this year, but this game he is basically gift wrapping himself for sacks.
I think Offenses have figured out how to get past the line and cut off the short routes.

I really am having flashbacks to 2015. Receivers dropping balls, poor pass protection, crappy punting resulting in bad field position.

They have five sacks already today!

We are what we are. Why do I keep thinking we will be something more?

All I ask for is effort and entertainment. This game is a steaming pile of crap, brought to you by lack of OL effort.

It's amazing how we can score 45 and 50 and then this.

Not really - in those games, the 'Cats won the battle in the trenches (Thorson is not yet ready to shoulder the load when protection breaks down).

The 'Cats are not going to win the West unless Fitz improves O-line play.

How bad QB play also
OK, maybe he could have gotten rid of the ball sooner at times, but five sacks and two forced fumbles are also largely on the o-line. Plus, receivers dropping passes mean drives aren't being extended.

Not really - in those games, the 'Cats won the battle in the trenches.

The 'Cats are not going to win the West unless Fitz improves O-line play.

Sure but it is so extreme...either all on or off. Not much in between.

Feel sorry for defense they have pretty damn good all year!! If not for crappy offense team would be a top 25 team

What is going on?? This is Illinois State all over again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT