ADVERTISEMENT

Second Half Thread of Doom and Lament

I think JP and PF are thinking about firing everyone on this Board, even the klanners... That will fix everything.
If they think we're bad, imagine how fans at a serious football school would be reacting to this crap. We're being gentle.

Hindsight?

I've been stating for ages that trying to run it on 3rd/4th down from shotgun is a play that is doomed to fail for the most part (as the O-line continually cannot sustain a push).

Was also the one calling for the QB sneak in those situations and McC finally went for that more than halfway thru the 2014 season - which worked.

In this game, the coaching staff reverted to all the things that didn't work.

If you want to understand it, I'll explain why we do that. Jackson's strength is his vision, and ability to make cuts. He's not a power back. As you said yourself, our OL cannot sustain a push. Therefore, you don't just plow JJ into the line, when the OL can't get a push, and you're negating JJ's best attribute, giving him no chance to make a move. You give him the opportunity to find the best hole and exploit it. That is why you start him yards back in the shotgun. He can see a second or two where the best opportunity is to exploit it.

But by all means, keep bitching about schemes and play calling you know zero about.

You gotta be f$&&$&!!?ng kidding me. Leidner has not thrown a TD pass in like 2 months. Wow we are terrible. So disappointing. Unfortunate this is the year my son really got into NU football and we're terrible. On top of that I really don't like Minny. Especially with their JUCOs and dirty hits.

Great tackle by Reese.... of his own teammate however

I don't know if we can beat Illinois without Carr. There better be changes next year.
Unless you replace the top guy, things will stay the same. Ticket prices and parking fees will increase so Fitz can get another raise.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Can't wait for Fitz to blame this on losing Carr...
He's not going to say that, but he will say that they missed a couple of assignments and need to execute better. Tinker here, tinker there, things will be fine. At least that's what he usually says after losses.

This is rare for me, but I'm out. After allowing the TD toss by Mitcheroo and then yet another sack on CT. Just cannot stomach it.

Two opponents right now...Minny and the clock...we seem to be interested in beating 0.5 of them...

If they think we're bad, imagine how fans at a serious football school would be reacting to this crap. We're being gentle.

Have you met our teflon covered sensitive coach? And you may have read the board - it has been clearly shown that we, the fans, are the reason for all that goes wrong.

Gotta believe that Lovie is feeling pretty good about next week.

Only Northwestern gives up a long onside kick return.

Bad OL play and bad WR play. Same as its been for a while. Will anything ever change?

Playing Illinois for the opportunity to go to Detroit. That's where we are, Fitz. Frankly, I am not sure additional practices is a good goal. Just end this crapfest.

Playing Illinois for the opportunity to go to Detroit. That's where we are, Fitz. Frankly, I am not sure additional practices is a good goal. Just end this crapfest.
I'm talking all gloom and doom but UMD and IU are the other 6-6 teams...as long as we win next week we'll still go NYC, San Fran or Nashville

I'm talking all gloom and doom but UMD and IU are the other 6-6 teams...as long as we win next week we'll still go NYC, San Fran or Nashville

Do you really want that? Another humiliating Loss on a national stage?

ADVERTISEMENT