ADVERTISEMENT

Second Half Thread of Doom and Lament

Playing Illinois for the opportunity to go to Detroit. That's where we are, Fitz. Frankly, I am not sure additional practices is a good goal. Just end this crapfest.

You may have a point. Extra practices with this coaching staff may actually be counterproductive to player development.

These junk bowls barely qualify as a national stage.

Detroit is a junk bowl. I think the other three are not. And the level of competition we would face...well, another blow to recruiting...as if that mattered anyway...

Detroit is a junk bowl. I think the other three are not. And the level of competition we would face...well, another blow to recruiting...as if that mattered anyway...

You think making a bowl would be a blow to recruiting?

Bob, the class of 2017 is set (absent decommits, which seem to happen every year). It will be interesting to see what 2018 brings as the Taj Fitz starts to rise above grade. The difference between 6-6 and 7-5? Not so much.

I don't see NU losing to Illinois.

Apparently I am wrong on both sides. Getting our ass kicked on national TV doesn't hurt recruiting as no one watches these games. How do they justify the payouts?

Apparently I am wrong on both sides. Getting our ass kicked on national TV doesn't hurt recruiting as no one watches these games. How do they justify the payouts?

Getting to a high profile bowl is a big deal because you can play it up in recruiting, plus you get the additional practices. Results of those games matter somewhat, but can also be spun pretty easily ("Look how much we kick ass!" vs "Look how much we need you!").

Getting to a high profile bowl is a big deal because you can play it up in recruiting, plus you get the additional practices. Results of those games matter somewhat, but can also be spun pretty easily ("Look how much we kick ass!" vs "Look how much we need you!").

Seems like football is something of a team sport. The "how much we need you" works if it is a competitive game. Ass whipping translates to how far away we are to being relevant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT